We Are Getting a ‘Princess Diaries’ 3: EVERYTHING WE KNOW SO FAR

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

Prepare to grab your tiara and relive one of the most iconic stories ever because The Princess Diaries 3 is officially in the works.

There is a fully written script for the movie, according to our very own Anne Hathaway, and she is definitely down to reprise her role in it. During an interview on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen, the 36-year-old actress stated, “I want to do it. Debra Martin Chase, our producer, wants to do it. We all really want it to happen.”

Hathaway also has spoken to Julie Andrews, who is now 83 and who would reprise her role as Queen Clarisse, Mia’s grandmother. The film is potentially going to be set in Manhattan, and Chris Pine, who portrayed Mia’s love interest, Nicholas, in The Princess Diaries 2: The Royal Engagement, has also stated he would be down to reprise his role.

While the film is definitely in its very early stages, this could potentially be the follow-up film we all have been dying for since the sequel to the first royal princess movie premiered back in 2001.

Dorian Mayenschein is a non-binary senior at the University of Akron who majors in English while also minoring in Women's Studies. Their passions include pop culture, literature, social justice, LGBT rights and feminism as well as the Black Lives Matter movement. They hope to one day become a Senior Editor at a book publishing house in Chicago, Illinois and have people other than their aunts read their stories and support them.
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.