clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Summary of Senior Year As Told By Marvel Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

It seems like just yesterday I was moving into Spicer Hall and saying that final goodbye to my parents as I started my new college life.

I remember anxiously waiting to go out with friends and get right into classes, and see what all the hype was about for freshman year. I never would have guessed that so much would change in four years and I never thought that I would be reflecting on it so deeply. Senior year honestly flew by so fast in a way I didn’t expect. But without getting too sappy or sad about my time at The University of Akron coming to an end, here is a brief summary of how it all went. What could be a better way to celebrate the release of Avengers: Endgame than to quote Marvel characters retelling the story of my last year of college?

Classes ultimately leave you feeling so exhausted and unmotivated. Senioritis hits hard, and some days you don’t even want to go. But you do! And you pass (somehow).

Going out to parties or kickbacks with friends slowly becomes mundane. Especially when you’re preparing for job interviews, trying to pass classes to graduate, and just feel old. Regardless, somehow when you go out it’s a decent time with some good people.

You truly make the best friendships in college. Some friends are younger and many are seniors like you. Despite this, you still feel like you should give everyone advice because you pretty much experienced everything. Senior year can be tough, so it’s normal to preach about the do’s and don’ts of going through the last year.

Applying for jobs post-college is beyond frustrating. This goes the same for graduate school. You need internships, experience, good connections, and a lot of hope. It may be scary to keep applying and get turned down, but it’s not the end of the world.

Keep trying!

There are the highs and lows of college, and senior year can really take a toll on your mental health. As if the other years of college weren’t hard enough, now you face near-adulthood and some days are better than others. Make sure to take time to take care of yourself because your hard work will pay off in the end.

College is full of memories, and senior year was a rollercoaster of adventure and mishaps. Good or bad, you’ll be talking about it with your friends for years.

It’s no surprise when you get ready for graduation that you look around at a sea of people you’ve never seen before on campus. It’s ok. They probably feel the same.

Welcome to the next chapter of life. Not all things went as planned, and there were plenty of bumps along the way. But you made it! Things may be uncertain, but I’m pretty excited to see what happens next.

#GoZips.

I graduated from the University of Akron in 2019 majoring in Communications of Public Relations with a minor in Biology. Aspiring writer/journalist for wildlife conservation. (She/Her)
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.