This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

This week HerCampus Akron has chosen to get a little personal with some on-campus organizations! I have chosen to interview the National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS)! I interviewed the Social Media Manager and Social Chair, Rebecca Geiser. NSCS is all about teaching leadership skills to members and officers, encouraging community service and volunteering, helping students with self-care and their mental health, and providing scholarships to students in need. Anyone enrolled at the University of Akron with a GPA of 3.0 can be a member or officer for NSCS. Rebecca chose to join the organization because one of her professors offered me an officer spot, and she accepted, thinking it would be a good student organization to join, and give her something to do outside of class. Rebecca’s favorite part of being a member is meeting new people and making new friendships, earning job experience by running the social media, and learning to take responsibility as a leader.

To learn more about this organization, you can contact Professor Rhoades or get in contact with another officer! You can also find them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and RooConnect!

Rebecca Geiser is a junior at The University of Akron. She is currently majoring in Media Studies with a minor in Popular Literature and Film and a certificate in Social Media Marketing. Rebecca is passionate about musical theatre, learning random history facts, and trying new kinds of Starbucks coffee.