This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

As the holiday season approaches, what better time to begin looking for small businesses to support while having fun with friends and family? I have been looking into local small businesses around Akron to celebrate upcoming festivities with and today’s spotlight is The Tea Lady, located downtown. The Tea Lady has beautifully decorated tea rooms for guests to reserve to have parties in and when you make a reservation, you can choose which treats and drinks you want served at your party. They also have a variety of teas, mugs, filters, champagne glasses, and a variety of other event related items for purchase in the hallway around the rooms. I attended a free open house that they recently held, where they introduced two new tea rooms to the public and served champagne and treats. I was very impressed with the set-up of everything while attending. I would definitely recommend checking out The Tea Lady, whether for a Holiday Tea Party or even just an afternoon tea!

Anna Harrison is an Integrated Marketing Communications and Sales Management major at the University of Akron. She is multi-cultural and is passionate about racial disparities. Harrison has a great love for writing. For hobbies, she enjoys reading and abstract painting.