Should There Be a Glee Reboot?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

If you’re a true gleek, you probably have heard this by now.

When Lea Michele visited Chelsea, she was very open about doing a reboot of Glee in a heartbeat. The actress discusses with Chelsea that Glee was an important show and Rachel Berry was an important character to her.

She told Chelsea in her interview, “I loved playing Rachel Berry, I loved that cast, and it was so special, you know, what we did with bringing music into people’s homes and these characters that were so relatable. I loved it. I would do it in a heartbeat.”

One thing is for sure, the characters on Glee are really relatable. But as a fellow gleek myself, I can’t say I am here for the reboot. I started to lose my love for the show when Lea Michele’s co-star, Cory Monteith, had overdosed on drugs and was found dead. To me, that was when the show died. When Rachel Berry and Finn didn’t have a happily ever after.

And if you ask me, Glee is never the same and it will never be the same. Sure, the idea of a reboot sounds fun and all. But can any other gleek sit there and tell me that it would be the same type of magic that we felt when Cory Monteith was on the show? The romance between him and Rachel Berry kept me going.

You can check Michele’s interview on Chelsea below! What are your thoughts on a reboot of Glee?

Arden Palmquist is a Senior at The University of Akron majoring in Public Relations. She enjoys blogging and posting on her Instagram.
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.