This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

With only a few days left until its season premier, Riverdale fans are agonizingly awaiting the return of their favorite fall time show.

Season two ended with a lot of action and opened the door to several new storylines. The shows front running character, Archie Andrews, played by KJ Apa, makes a big decision in the shows final which leaves fans wondering about Archie’s future on the show.

In the finale, Archie decides to cut all ties with Hiram Lodge, his girlfriend Veronica’s villainous father, and vows to take down Hiram at any costs. Seeing Archie as a legitimate threat Lodge unsurprisingly makes his move to remove Archie from the scene of Riverdale. Short of killing him, Hiram seeks out the next best option to get Archie out of Riverdale and away from his daughter. The season 2 finale ends with Archie being framed and arrested for a crime previously committed by an employee of Lodge.

The season three premier is expected to begin with Archie’s court hearing. The writers have confirmed that the verdict will be in the conclusion of the first episode. But this leaves fans wondering about the possibilities of Archie’s fate. Will Archie not be a main character this season? Is there a possibility that he could be written off? In a recent interview by Teen Vogue some of the cast members met up to answer a few questions about the upcoming season. During the interview Casey Cott, who plays the character of Kevin Keller, teases the possibility of Archie Andrews being killed off.  We can be fairly certain that Cott is joking given that the entire shows basis comes from the Archie comic series.

But it does leave us wondering: what else could happen this season?

I am a marketing management major who loves reading, music, animals, and traveling.
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.