This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

Rhythm & Roos is the student-led mixed a cappella group at the University of Akron, located in Akron, Ohio.

The Roos are comprised of about 22 members who are mostly non-music majors. They sing at various gigs on campus such as sporting events, special events, charity benefits and social gatherings. Along with performing at UA, The Roos love traveling while sharing their music and representing The University of Akron. They have sang in Washington D.C, Chicago, New York, and Pennsylvania.

Since being founded in 2005, they have been featured on Fox 8 News, The Akron Civic Theatre, Akron Rubber Ducks games, and have worked with The Man himself, Deke Sharon. The Roos pride themselves on creating a family atmosphere while making beautiful music together. They would like to thank their family, friends and fans for all of their continued support over the last 12 years!

If you are a student at the University of Akron and are interested in joining Rhythm & Roos, you can contact the group at RhythmAndRoosAkron@gmail.com, or through their webpage here.

Lauren is currently a junior at the University of Akron. She is studying to become a high school mathematics teacher, and anticipates on graduating in Spring 2019. Outside of Her Campus, Lauren is involved in Kanga Blue, UA's all-female a cappella group, where she holds an executive position as the Musical Director.
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.