This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

Nuance is the student-led male a cappella group at the University of Akron, located in Akron, Ohio.

Since being founded in 2004, Nuance has become one of the longest standing and most successful student organizations at the university. They have performed for Fox 8 News, First Night Akron, Cleveland Cavaliers games, the LeBron James Family Foundation, and even an international choral competition in Italy.

The group’s first professionally published full-length album, New Suit, features over a dozen favorite arrangements, 28 past and present members, and mixing by a four-time Emmy award winner. After outgrowing The University of Akron’s largest auditorium four semesters in a row, Nuance took their most recent concert off-campus and performed for over 1000 people at the historic Akron Civic Theatre.

If you are a student at the University of Akron and are interested in joining Nuance, you can contact the group through their webpage here.

Lauren is currently a junior at the University of Akron. She is studying to become a high school mathematics teacher, and anticipates on graduating in Spring 2019. Outside of Her Campus, Lauren is involved in Kanga Blue, UA's all-female a cappella group, where she holds an executive position as the Musical Director.
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.