This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

March is Women’s History Month, and former First Lady Michelle Obama just released the title and release date of her newest book.

On November 13, 2018, Michelle Obama’s memoir, Becoming, is scheduled to hit the shelves and online shopping sites around the world.

Published by Crown, a Penguin Random House imprint, the publishing company also received the world publication rights for a memoir by former President Barack Obama.

“Writing ‘Becoming’ has been a deeply personal experience,” Mrs. Obama wrote on Twitter on Sunday.

On her book’s webpage, Mrs. Obama describes her book as, “Warm, wise, and revelatory, Becoming is the deeply personal reckoning of a woman of soul and substance who has steadily defied expectations – and whose story inspires us to do the same.”

The memoir will be full of deep reflection on the former First Lady’s life, and how her experiences have shaped her to be the strong woman she is today.

If you want to pre-order this book, click HERE!

University of Akron English Education Major
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.