nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Kim Kardashian Is The First Lady…What?!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

It’s no surprise that the Kardashians are known literally everywhere. Chances are you can’t open any type of social media without seeing them. Recently, Kim Kardashian was turned into former first lady Mrs. Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. While Kim did look amazing in the photo and daughter North made an adorable appearance as well, I’m not going to lie I was a little annoyed. I’m not saying that the Kardashians aren’t talented because they clearly are. I’m not sure about you but I don’t think that I could create a makeup brand and sell out in seconds. I also most definitely couldn’t model and look that fabulous as Kim could.   

When it comes to Kim becoming into someone else even as fabulous as Jackie O… that’s the part I personally am not a fan of. Yes, I know some of you are going to hate me for saying such a thing but it’s seriously annoying. I don’t see the reason for wanting to do the exact same thing that has already been done. Kim captions a photo from the shoot, “just wanted to thank @stevenkleinstudio for pushing me to do a shoot that was very different & powerful & allowed me to pay homage to the iconic Jackie Kennedy who I admire & respect!” I totally get it when it comes to wanting to be just like your favorite people. Maybe you even pull ideas from their fashion and whatnot because even I’m guilty of that.

Kim slayed that cover of Interview Magazine, while I think it’s a bit annoying because she basically turned into Jackie O. Although I will give credit where credit is due. As for the fact that supposedly this cover being an “insult” to Melania Trump I honestly don’t see it that way.  The Jackie O. look is iconic and there’s no denying that but I wouldn’t go as far as saying it to be insulting to her because Interview Magazine called her the first lady. I personally am not a fan of the Trump family so I don’t find it insulting. I do think it’s a little strange however that they called her the first lady because she’s using Jackie O’s look.  

Just a girl who loves everything Cleveland and striving to make one positive impact a day. 
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.