Experiences

I Took a Weekend Getaway to Florida and This is How it Went

During late January, I had the opportunity to go to Florida; we mainly went for a wedding anniversary.  I was excited to go to meet new family members and to get away from the excessive amount of snow we have been getting lately in Ohio.  

I went with my aunt, cousin and my mom and we arrived at 12 AM on Saturday.  Before going to the anniversary we ate at a Filipino restaurant where I ordered the pork barbeque and ate it with rice. The rest of the food in the photo consists of Laing-taro leaves, Pork sinigang, Bicol express and pork saute.

After the wedding anniversary we had a picnic at my aunt and uncle’s farm where they were growing dragon fruit and bananas along with raising chickens.  In Philippine culture, it’s common to cook bananas so they cooked it over the fire.   

Before heading to the airport I was able to get Jollibee, my favorite fast food chain.  They had a map of all the Jollibee locations and then we were able to take a picture with the mascot.  

Once we got to the airport I finally had the time to buy souvenirs for my partner and two friends of mine. I got two t-shirts that said Tampa and a bracelet with a turtle on it.  

Cheyenne is a Sophomore attending the University of Akron with a major of Dietetics & Nutrition along with having a minor in English. Activities she enjoys doing is going to the mall, hanging out with friends and traveling.