This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.
  1. “Imagination is the only weapon against the war of reality.” – Lewis Carroll

There’s nothing like getting sucked into a good book to escape the everyday mundane activities. It’s fun to entertain the possibility of a little bit of magic and excitement in our lives! (3) Pinterest

1. “A good book is never finished–it goes on whispering to you from the wall.” – Virginia Euwer Wolff

A good book doesn’t leave you when you put it back on the shelf. It should continue to make you think and look at the world around you in a new way. (3) Pinterest

1. “She reads books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live.” -Annie Dillard

Reading can enliven our lives and broaden our world. Its function is just as important as breathing. (3) Pinterest

1. “I have lived a thousand lives and I have loved a thousand loves. I’ve walked on distant worlds and seen the end of time. Because I read” -George R.R. Martin

Reading has this incredible ability to enable readers to empathize with its characters. A good story can enable us to release cortisol in response to the tension of the character.  (3) Pinterest

1. “There is no friend as loyal as a book.” – Ernest Hemingway

No matter what is going on in our lives, we can always unwind and curl up with a good read. (3) Pinterest

Emily is excited to be a part of the Akron chapter of Her Campus. She is majoring in English and minoring in Converged Media Studies. She is also working toward a Certificate in Professional Social Media. Emily enjoys drinking tea, decorating, and spending time with her family. Her favorite motto / quote to live by is Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."