Emerging Leaders Program Changes Lives

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

There comes a time in an individual’s life when he or she has to grow up and do something in life. College is one of those places where a person can build upon her or himself. This is the place where lives are changed; where you get to find more about yourself. Some people have a hard time adjusting, but what helps is having friendship and being part of a program. Here at the University of Akron there are many programs that help a person adjust to college: one of them is Emerging Leaders Program.

The Emerging Leaders program is a program where a student learns about leadership, friendship, and, most importantly, him or herself. This program makes you feel as if you are part of a family. Many students go through this program and it definitely helps them feel welcomed into the Akron Family. Some students are here to share about their experiences with this program. Emerging Leader students Nicole Baldy, Matthew Callahan, Tyler Moff and Tanner Musson had the same idea that their experience with this program has been “fantastic.” They quote, “Friendship in college life is a big thing, because it gives people a sort of support group. Emerging Leaders is the program that helped me get the basic idea of how college life is.” These students who have started their year at University of Akron have already felt that this is their new home.

Coming from personal experience, I feel that this is the best program to be part of. Coming to the University Of Akron was nerve racking because it was tough to be away from home. This program has helped me a lot; here I have made great friends. I feel that this program is great in changing people’s lives. I have gotten close with people here. I feel as if I am not far away from home; these people are like my brothers and sisters. There is something unique about this program and I definitely feel that it will go far in its future.

In conclusion, in having the best college experience you will definitely need friendship and also it’s recommended that you are part of a program that you feel welcome in. Emerging Leaders is one of these programs that would change people’s lives.