This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

Halloween may be over, but the costume parties will continue into the weekend. If you weren’t in the Halloween spirit yet, surely these four couple costume ideas will help you and your partner win all of the costume contests!

Hugh Hefner and Playboy Bunny

This costume is incredibly easy and also very funny. The person who will be Hugh Hefner will just need a red robe and a sailor hat. They can wear whatever kind of pants they feel will go along with the costume. The Playboy Bunny will need a black bowtie, bunny ears and black pants. You can wear whatever shirt you believe would be best, or none at all! This is very simple, but also very affordable and you can find the pieces at pretty much any costume store or even Walmart!

Woody and Jessie

This costume is a little bit more complicated, but it is still very funny and creative. You can find the pieces for this costume at pretty much any costume store, but if you are on a budget, you can always find your own costume pieces at a thrift store like Goodwill or the Salvation Army. For Woody, all you need are cowboy boots, bootcut blue jeans, a yellow and brown plaid shirt with a brown vest. To top it off, you can’t forget the brown cowboy hat. For Jessie, you will need blue jeans (or shorts for preference and weather permitting), a white shirt, cowgirl boots and a red cowgirl hat. You can get really creative and use a string and circle to put on the back of Woody to make the costume a little more realistic.

Fred and Daphne

This is the perfect mystery-solving costume! You can get pretty creative with this costume. For Daphne, you will need a red, orange-ish wig (or you can dye your hair), a dark and light purple dress, a green scarf and a simple high heel. For Fred, you will need a blonde, short haired wig, a dark/navy blue button up, a white crew neck sweater, navy blue pants, an orange scarf and simple black or navy blue shoes. This is a costume that everyone will recognize.

Mickey and Minnie

Last, but certainly not least, a Halloween classic. This is a very popular and incredibly simple costume. For Mickey, all you need is red pants, a black shirt, yellow shoes, white gloves and mouse ears. For Minnie all you need is a red skirt with white polka dots, which you can easily make yourself, a black shirt, yellow shoes, white gloves and mouse ears. This will not go missed and is an easy costume that you can easily make yourself!

All four of these costumes can be very simple and are easily recognizable. They can also be easily thrifted to help cut down the cost. I hope this was helpful and fun for you and your significant other. Happy Halloween! 

I am a sophomore Marketing Management student at The University of Akron. I enjoy studying math and writing articles while kicking back with some friends and coffee.
Madeline Myers is a 2020 graduate of the University of Akron. She has a B.A. English with a minor in Creative Writing. At Her Campus, Madeline enjoys writing movie and TV reviews. Her personal essay “Living Room Saloon” is published in the 2019 issue of The Ashbelt. Madeline grew up in Zanesville, Ohio. She loves quoting comedians, reading James Baldwin, and sipping on grape soda. She fears a future run by robots but looks forward to the day when her stories are read by those outside of her immediate family.