10 Starbucks Drinks You Never Knew You Needed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

From my time working with coffee and tea in my first job, I have come to love and enjoy making yummy combinations at Starbucks. I’m going to share with you some of my favorite combinations and tell you just what to do to order them!

Iced Caramel Macchiato with Toffee Nut

This is my regular. I’ve been able to share this with my mom and my roommate, and they’re obsessed. All you have to do is ask for toffee nut syrup instead of vanilla. However, if you like your coffee sweet, asking for the toffee nut and 2-3 pumps of vanilla is amazing as well.

Hot Peppermint and White Mocha Latte

This is another one of my favorites. My friend also tried this iced and she was in love. Simply ask for a latte with peppermint and white mocha syrup.

Birthday Cake Frappuccino 

This is for your sweet tooth. Just request a vanilla bean frappuccino with hazelnut. For that extra touch, caramel drizzle is yummy!

Hazlenut Iced Chai

This one is a fall favorite and perfect for all the iced chai lovers. All you do is ask for an iced chai latte with hazelnut. For that extra nutty taste, ask for almond milk instead of 2%. It blends so well! 

Toffee Nut Matchta Latte

This is my all time favorite when I need caffeine at night because it’s just so smooth. Just ask your barista for ask for an iced matcha latte with toffee nut.

Sweet Rasperry Iced Coffee

This is something I got from my manager at my first job, and she always asked me to make it for her every time we worked together. It’s super sweet so fair warning! It’s an iced coffee with extra cream, extra sugar, and raspberry. Getting this combo with cold brew will give you that nice caffeine kick we all need in the morning. 

Mango Dragonfruit Refresher with a Twist

I love the beautiful mango dragonfruit refresher with white tea instead of water! This is my summertime go-to, especially because the white tea adds more caffeine to the refresher. 

Strawberry Refresher with a Twist

Here’s your other option if you don’t like mango dragonfruit. All you have to do is ask for the classic strawberry refresher with black tea instead of water! This combination came to me from my friend back home.

Strawberry Refresher with a Twist Part II

Yes, I know. It’s another tea and refresher combo some of my friends discovered. It’s a strawberry refresher with passion tango tea instead of water. It’s got a small cinnamon taste but packs a punch of good flavor.

Pumpkin White Mocha Macchiato

Last but not least is a fall flavor discovery from this year. This idea was inspired by the secret menu drink dubbed the ‘Cinderella’ latte. My rendition is an iced macchiato, no caramel drizzle, with half pumpkin and half white mocha. It holds a stronger coffee taste for those of you who drink coffee for the taste. It has been my go-to all fall semester.

I have personally tried all of these combinations and would definitely get them again. If you try these, I hope you enjoy! Any of the tea/refresher combos can be ordered by asking for the tea and substituting water for the refresher base at a cheaper price so we can all stay ballin’ on a budget. For the syrup-to-size ratios, talls are typically 3 pumps, grandes are 4, and ventis are 5-6. To order, all you have to do is say it how I presented it to you. If they ask about vanilla or classic syrup, it’s up to you; they basically just make your drink sweeter. I hope you enjoy and have fun with your new favorite drinks!

I am a senior Environmental Science and Anthropology double-major at The University of Akron. I love science, Starbucks, writing, and hanging out with my friends and my dogs. I also love music and am apart of The University of Akron’s marching band.
Madeline Myers is a 2020 graduate of the University of Akron. She has a B.A. English with a minor in Creative Writing. At Her Campus, Madeline enjoys writing movie and TV reviews. Her personal essay “Living Room Saloon” is published in the 2019 issue of The Ashbelt. Madeline grew up in Zanesville, Ohio. She loves quoting comedians, reading James Baldwin, and sipping on grape soda. She fears a future run by robots but looks forward to the day when her stories are read by those outside of her immediate family.