What’s Up With This Eyebrow Trend?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

Early last week, I caught my first glimpse at a trend that has had the online beauty community buzzing. Check out this post from The Shade Room on Instagram.

#Roommates is this the new brow trend? @slayagebyjess

29.9k Likes, 10.3k Comments – The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on Instagram: “#Roommates is this the new brow trend? @slayagebyjess”

I’m all about expressing yourself, especially when it comes to beauty. Even in high school, I had my fair share of tacky eyeshadow combinations and jagged winged liner. It was a bit strange seeing it at first. It was even more strange to see other eyebrow trends in the following days. Here is a post from another IG user, Healthy Hair Journey.

After seeing this, I really didn’t know whether to pinpoint this as an actual trend or something people were just making fun of. But then again, ridiculous things do tend to come into fashion. I think it was more of a joke though because the post was later deleted.

I did get some relief after seeing some people pull the trend off. Here is one more post from The Shade Room.

Instagram post by The Shade Room * Aug 31, 2017 at 8:06pm UTC

18.2k Likes, 13.1k Comments – The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on Instagram: “#ThaBlockIzHot : (SWIPE) Bet you didn’t think they could pull it off…”

If that wasn’t enough, there was yet ANOTHER trend. The #braidedbrow. I actually took a slight liking to this one.

Que tal a nova mania da internet: sobrancelhas trançadas? #sobrancelhas #sobrancelhastrançadas #makeup #maquiagem #eyebrows #braidedbrows #trends #tendências #beleza #belezaprofissional #themakeupexperince … #repost @roxxbeautyglam Wavy Brows? Normal Brows? HOW ABOUT BRAIDED BROWS!?

18 Likes, 5 Comments – The Make-up Experience (@themakeupexperience.br) on Instagram: “Que tal a nova mania da internet: sobrancelhas trançadas? #sobrancelhas #sobrancelhastrançadas…”

So I guess you can make the judgement yourself on whether you think this trend will die out or not. Either way, as long as the individual is satisfied with their looks, my opinion will just remain an opinion to them.

MeaResea is an alumna of Agnes Scott College where she majored in Economics and minored in Spanish. She recharted the HCASC chapter in the fall semester of 2016. She served as the Editor-in-Chief and President of Her Campus at Agnes Scott. Her favorite quote and words that she lives by are, "She believed she could, so she did." -Unknown http://meareseahomer.agnesscott.org/