Twitter’s Reactions to Migos’ “Culture II” Album

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

Yesterday was the highly anticipated release of Atlanta rap trio Migos’ third studio album, Culture II. It has 24 songs and features a range of artists from Cardi B, Nicki Minaj, Post Malone, Big Sean, and Drake. Although I wouldn’t consider myself a Migos fan, many of friends and social media followers describe themselves as fans, and they have been a trending topic on my personal feed since Friday morning.

(Tweet from @lildickytweets)

The group had many popular singles released from the album including “MotorSport” (October 27, 2017), “Stir Fry” (December 20, 2017), and just days before the official album release, “Superstars” (January 22, 2018).

They used various means of social media to create hype for the album release. So, of course, it was only right to go to social media to see what people were saying.

There were some good ones, where some people were defending the good name that is Migos:

(Tweet from @trappinmannequi)

(Tweet from @MarlonsRoom)

(Tweet from @14_nandooo)

(Tweet from @iLoveSmick)

And there were also a couple of fans and followers who were not impressed and slightly disappointed:

(Tweet from @JefeBillionaire)  

(Tweet from @pettyblackboy)

(Tweet from @viewsfromhtx)

(Tweet from @toreno__)

(Tweet from @Hunterroberson)

(Tweet from @indiKEV)

(Tweet from @loccdawgg)

(Tweet from @spencer__durbin)

(Tweet from @thirstfor_mo)

Tweet from @TreyBizzy)

To many people’s surprise, another piece dropped the same day: D6 Reloaded from rapper Lil Wayne. From the voices on Twitter, people seemed to have taken a better liking to this mixtape than Culture II:

(Tweet from @d_wall1221)  

(Tweet from @_nineteen91)

(Tweet from @jtevis5)

(Tweet from @criadojohnny1)

(Tweet from @alilsarcasm_)

If you haven’t heard Culture II already, you can stream the entire album from Spotify. Lil Wayne’s D6 Reloaded mixtape can be found on SoundCloud for free streaming, as well.

MeaResea is an alumna of Agnes Scott College where she majored in Economics and minored in Spanish. She recharted the HCASC chapter in the fall semester of 2016. She served as the Editor-in-Chief and President of Her Campus at Agnes Scott. Her favorite quote and words that she lives by are, "She believed she could, so she did." -Unknown http://meareseahomer.agnesscott.org/