This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

It’s easy to get overwhelmed at airports there’s a lot of people and many airports can be big and confusing. All the signs and words seem to be telling you different things. To add to all that you have a plane to catch that if you miss you just wanted a plane ticket. The important thing is to take a deep breath in.

Now I’m going to walk you through the process. First you’ll arrive at the airport. Then you’ll look for you terminal or gate area. Once there you’re there you go to TSA. This is the most overwhelming part of the experience in my opinion. Depending on the protocol for the day, they’ll ask you to take off your jacket and shoes. They’ll ask you to slide your bag if you have one though the conveyor. Recently, however, I have not had to experience that. I just had to put my bag through the conveyor.

If you have bags you have to check in, you’ll go to your kiosk labeled with your airline. You just go up to the counter give them your confirmation number and they’ll take your bags.

For boarding passes, many airlines offer free apps where you can check in and have your boarding pass without having to print. If that’s not what you want to do, you can always go up to your airline’s kiosk to print your ticket.

Finally you just find your gate. Usually there are signs leading to where the gates are so they are easy to find.

I hope this helps with the process of traveling through airports!

Isabel Cruz

Agnes Scott '22

Isabel is a freshman at Agnes Scott College. She loves reading, writing and spending time with her pets. Isabel is majoring in English Literature.