This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

The semester is almost over and you know what that means? Summer Time!! Summer isn’t complete without a few trips to the beach, ice cream dates, and barbecues. If you haven’t already it’s time to get your summer wardrobe ready.

Photo by Rose Elena on Unsplash

Sundresses

Sundresses are the perfect go to for some fun in the sun. Dress them up or dress them down, they’re a summer staple you can’t go wrong with. Any day is a vibe when you’re rocking a sundress.

Photo by Allyson Johnson on Unsplash

Espadrilles

Espadrilles scream summer in more ways than one. They’re a shoe that has lasted the test of time and never went out of style. Wear them with sundresses to give them a chic look, or keep it casual by pairing them with shorts or jeans. They’re a neutral color so they can be worn with anything. It’s not summer if you haven’t tried a pair of espadrilles.

Photo by Debby Hudson on Unsplash

Wraps

Wraps are great for the summer because they’re so easy to throw over a bathing suit, after a long day at the beach. They look great with shorts or jeans for a casual look. Throw them over a dress and add a cute heel if you want to dress them for a girl’s night out.

Photo by Stephen Hocking on Unsplash

Hats

Big floppy hats are a complete mood. When shopping and you see hats coming out you know summer is near. Wear them to the beach to keep the sun out of your eyes while looking fashionable. Wear them with shorts and sneakers or sandals for a casual look to an amusement park or mall with friends.

Have some fun and embrace the warm sun and summer trends. Summer essentials are great for staying cool and cute all season.

Racquel is a graduate student at Agnes Scott College, majoring in Writing and Digital Communications. She holds a B.A. in Mass Media Arts from Clark Atlanta University. In her free time, you can catch her blogging about all things fashion and beauty related.