Muslim Perspectives: 5 of Our Favorite Articles on Muslim Experiences

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

By: Zarine Ahmed

The MSA of Agnes Scott is collaborating with Her Campus this week as an extension of Muslim Women’s Day. As Zarine easily puts it, “We wanted to share some great articles that summarize the lives and experiences of young Muslims.” 

To The Boy Who Yanked Off My Hijab

By: Marium Zafar

This article is a true anecdote from the author’s life. It’s an extremely well-written piece that will touch your heart and offer a glimpse into the struggles of a Muslim girl in America.

Why The American Eagle Hijab Is Important

By: Marium Zafar

This article highlights the importance of including Muslim women in the realm of fashion and how the clothing industry impacts our lives.

Image via Jerry Kiesewetter /Unsplash)

I Asked 10 People What Being An American-Muslim Means To Them

By: Sania Shaikh

This article offers insight into what it’s like to identify as American and Muslim. The question of whether one can be both is answered by these 10 individuals.

Reflections of a Muslim Outreach Worker

By: Unknown

This article is a collection of experiences from a Muslim man whose job it is to teach others about Islam. He talks about the challenges and barriers he faces in approaching different individuals with preconceived notions of Islam.

One Muslim Girl on What It’s Like to Live in Trump’s America

By: Shay Maunz This is an article interviewing Amani Al-Khatahtbeh, author of Muslim Girl: A Coming of Age. She is also the founder of Muslim Girl, a website and blog, similar to Buzzfeed and Reddit, for young Muslim American women.  

MeaResea is an alumna of Agnes Scott College where she majored in Economics and minored in Spanish. She recharted the HCASC chapter in the fall semester of 2016. She served as the Editor-in-Chief and President of Her Campus at Agnes Scott. Her favorite quote and words that she lives by are, "She believed she could, so she did." -Unknown http://meareseahomer.agnesscott.org/