Meet Samikshya Siwakoti!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

1. Name, hometown, year, major? Samikshya Siwakoti, Nepal, Economics and Int’l Relations

2. What made you choose ASC? The welcoming environment made me feel like I would be at home. Also, they granted me the Marvin B. Presidential Scholarship which made it possible for me to attend ASC.

3. How do you manage being so far from home? It’s got its pros and cons. It’s hard to be away from family and I do miss my country, people and food but it’s manageable. I have a family friend here and AMIS program by Atlanta ministry has also provided me with a wonderful host family. I also go out with my friends to nearby restaurants that serve Nepali food when I miss it badly and attend cultural events at Gtech, Emory and programs by the Nepali community in Atlantla.

4. What is your favorite part about being an international student? The best part is being able to learn in a whole new environment and contributing to the diversity of the campus.

5. What is the worst part about being an international student? It’s hard to be away from family and also not having access to proper public transportation like in my country. It’s tough to go around places in the US.

6. What is some advice you would like to give to potential or current international students who are studying somewhere unique from home? Be responsible and just enjoy your time abroad. Make use of the opportunities ahead of you.

7. What interests you about being at ASC in Atlanta? Is there anything about your experience that stands out? It is a beautiful campus with really nice people. ASC is my home away from home.

8. If you had your choice, would you like to continue your education abroad or prefer to study and work closer to home? I love exploring new cultures and learning in a diverse environment. That is why I would prefer to continue studying abroad because it’s a great learning experience.

Grace Spurgin

Agnes Scott

Grace Spurgin is a freshman at Agnes Scott College in the great Decatur-Atlanta area, but born and raised in sunny Tampa, Florida. She is double majoring in International Relations and Political Science in hopes of one day studying International law. She is an active member in Colonnade Club, which deals with alumnae events and relations, and Programming Board for all school event planning. She is the founder of the Agnes Scott chapter for Her Campus. She loves to travel and try any new things; for example, she is a certified deep sea diver!