Meet Kayleigh McCrary

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

Meet Kayleigh McCrary!

1. Name: Kayleigh McCrary

Year: 2017

Major: Mathematics-Economics

Hometown: Brunswick, Georgia

2. How do you balance being a student-athlete? 

Time management skills are extremely important. I keep a very detailed agenda and always try to finish school work ahead of time so games and practices don’t interfere too much. 

3. What is a tip for people considering being a student athlete in college? 

If academics come first to you, definitely go to a division III school like Agnes Scott. The coaches understand that school is the most important, but you are surrounded by competitive players and coaches who work hard and want to be there as well. Also, be prepared for little free time!

4. What are some ways to de-stress and stay organized with your busy schedule?

To stay organized, I make sure I have everything planned out before the week begins, and I try to give myself some time to rest and de-stress. I might go get coffee or frozen yogurt with friends or watch cheesy television shows with my roommate.

5. What is your favorite part of being a part of the ASC volleyball team?

I love how competitive we are. Off the court, we are very easy-going and love joking around, but once it is game time, everyone is focused and determined to win. 

Grace Spurgin

Agnes Scott

Grace Spurgin is a freshman at Agnes Scott College in the great Decatur-Atlanta area, but born and raised in sunny Tampa, Florida. She is double majoring in International Relations and Political Science in hopes of one day studying International law. She is an active member in Colonnade Club, which deals with alumnae events and relations, and Programming Board for all school event planning. She is the founder of the Agnes Scott chapter for Her Campus. She loves to travel and try any new things; for example, she is a certified deep sea diver!