Meet Daja Johnson!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

Class Year: 2018

Major: Double major in Psychology and Philosophy

Hometown: Oak Park, IL

Her Campus: What are you most excited about for this summer?

Daja Johnson: I am excited to just relax a little bit and spend time with my family.

HC: Why did you choose your major?

DJ: I wanted to work in the education field, specifically with children with special needs. Psychology would help understand the different diagnoses and behaviors. Philosophy came out of nowhere, but I realized it has really improved my writing and understanding arguments.

HC: If you could describe each year at Agnes with one word, which three words would you use?

DJ: Challenging, transformative, rewarding.

HC: You’re going to be the president of ProBo next year. What are you looking forward to most about being in charge?

DJ: I’m looking forward to making changes on campus in the activities and events that we have that are appealing to students and what they want.

HC: What are you not looking forward to doing?

DJ: I don’t think there is anything I am not looking forward to. I am just really excited about the new ideas and all the people I get to work with.

HC: What’s your favorite thing to do for fun?

DJ: I love going to different restaurants with friends as well as sitting around watching tv.

HC: If you had to choose a favorite album, what would it be?

DJ: My favorite album right now would have to be Bruno Mars’ 24K Magic.

HC: What is something unique about yourself that not many people know?

DJ: This is a tough question, but I apparently started reading fluently at the age of 2.

HC: After you finish college, what would your dream job be?

DJ: Tough question since I haven’t fully thought it all out, but my dream job would be something in the school system working with both children and teachers. I’ve thought about being a principal at some point in my career, that may be fun.

HC: As ProBo president, what would you want other students to know about the organization?

DJ: As the president, I want everyone to know that each individual on ProBo put in a lot of work and time to make the best events they can possibly make. It is not easy but we do our best, especially when it comes to making sure the student body is happy.

HC: Anything else you want people to know?

DJ: I want everyone to know that I am more than willing to speak to anyone’s ideas or suggestions for programming board. We are here to serve the students!

Helen Davison

Agnes Scott

MeaResea is an alumna of Agnes Scott College where she majored in Economics and minored in Spanish. She recharted the HCASC chapter in the fall semester of 2016. She served as the Editor-in-Chief and President of Her Campus at Agnes Scott. Her favorite quote and words that she lives by are, "She believed she could, so she did." -Unknown http://meareseahomer.agnesscott.org/