nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Life of a CWS Tutor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

Meet Margaret Poore, class of 2019, with a major in Political Science and a minor in Economics. Not only is Margaret a mom to all her friends, but she is a loving daughter, and sister who proudly serves as a HerCampus Contributor. Good luck catching Margaret around campus as she is a busy woman running around serving to the Agnes community.

HC: Margaret, why did you choose Agnes?

MP: I chose Agnes because of the location. I love the city of Decatur because it has an active environment which inspires me to always be on my grind.

HC: How do you keep yourself busy?

MP: I am on the Exec Board of three clubs. I volunteer outside of Agnes at the Women’s Resource Center to end domestic violence and I’m also a big foodie so I take the time to explore all the restaurants near Decatur-Atlanta area.

HC: What led you into becoming a CWS tutor?

MP: My course tutor in LDR was also my course tutor in English 110. She was able to challenge and encourage my writing in ways that no one else could. She identified me as a potential tutor and encouraged me to apply.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about being a tutor?

MP: As a tutor, I am exposed to an array of disciplines which I enjoy because it expands my knowledge.

HC: What is your least favorite thing about being a tutor?

MP: Paperwork.

HC: Many people forget that CWS also has speaking services for speeches, so what’s your advice for how to give/prepare for a speech?

MP: When you’re preparing for a speech, make sure you have a clear hook and argument that the audience will easily be able to identify. The attention span of a listener can be short, making it important to catch the focus of your audience early.

HC: What’s your favorite book?

MP: The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.

HC: If you could write a book about anything, what would it be?

MP: I would write a book about inequality in public education. My personal experiences have exposed me a lot of issues that need to be addressed.

Thanks for your taking the time to let me interview you, I’ll let you get back to tutoring yourself and others!

Syedha Noreenia

Agnes Scott '19

(she/her/hers) is a senior Political Science major and a Business Management minor. Originally born in Brooklyn, New York, Syedha has been raised in Atlanta and proudly calls both cities home along with her parents' motherland of Pakistan. Through her degree, she believes in empowerment/representation and fighting for social justice through analyzing organizational behavior. She enjoys coming up with Instagram captions, infiltrating the system, and spending money that she doesn't have on food.
MeaResea is an alumna of Agnes Scott College where she majored in Economics and minored in Spanish. She recharted the HCASC chapter in the fall semester of 2016. She served as the Editor-in-Chief and President of Her Campus at Agnes Scott. Her favorite quote and words that she lives by are, "She believed she could, so she did." -Unknown http://meareseahomer.agnesscott.org/