This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

New Year, New You, right? It’s a new semester and you want to stay organized this time around. Last semester was a mess but you managed to get through it somehow. You planned on getting a perfect 4.0 and let’s just that didn’t happen for whatever reason, but this semester you’re going to try again and you’re determined. Here a few tips that could help you get a little closer to your goals this year.

1. Get a planner.

One of the easiest ways to get organized is to get a planner and write your schedule down. This can be really helpful if you are a busy person and you want to plan things out ahead of time. If you’re more of a digital person there are plenty of planner/organization apps that you could use instead of a physical planner. Try and find what works best for you. Just make sure you try and plan a week ahead in your planner, to make sure you’re prepared for the upcoming week.

1. Look at all of your syllabi for each class.

Once you’re done with all of your classes for the day, try and add important due dates, test dates and presentations to your planner or app. There’s nothing worse than getting to class and realizing that you have a quiz or an assignment due that you didn’t prepare for.

1. Create some new goals.

You know yourself the best. Think about some things you want to change from last semester. Maybe you want to try and get all of your assignments done at least one day before they’re due, or you want to keep up with all of your readings for class. Set some goals and give them a try, just make sure that they’re attainable. But if you find that your goal is a little too much, no worries, just adjust it a little.

1. Clean your room/dorm.

It is believed that a clean working environment can help you become more productive, so why not give it a try. Working in a clean space can help make sure your that your mind is clean and not cluttered. You could also make your bed in the morning. If you make your bed in the morning you have accomplished something at the start of the day. And you can carry this productivity throughout the day and the semester.

1. BREATHE.

It’s a new semester, a fresh start, a clean slate. Even if last year didn’t necessarily go as planned this is your time to shine. I know it’s easier said than done but don’t stress it, try and take things one step at a time. You’re in college. Enjoy it while you can. But also make sure you’re doing what you need to do to be productive.  Good luck this semester and remember, you got this!!!

Elizabeth Wolfe

Agnes Scott '18

Elizabeth is the Co-founder and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Agnes Scott. As a Junior at Agnes Scott, she is majoring in English-Literature and Political Science with a focus on human rights. Currently, she is an intern for Atlanta's premier alt-weekly magazine Creative Loafing.