This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

My favorite adventure this summer was the many visits to Half Price books. I had never been there before, even though Agnes is just up the road. One day, after coming from an interview at a preschool, my Mom and I stopped at Walmart, then headed to Half-Price. I went in, and the first thing I saw was the notecards and notebooks.  I love notebooks because I love writing. There were so many designs from fairies with beautiful meadows to dragons on the cover, along with the monogrammed notecards in every color. I wanted to buy every notebook and card. Seeing those made me excited to explore the rest of the store, and throughout the summer Half Price became the place where I found treasures.

(Photo by Alireza Attari on Unplash.com)

The first treasure that I found was the Christianity section. I plan on double-majoring in Spanish and Religion and Social Justice so I was very excited about this section. Books on Christian history and Biblical Commentary is scarce where I am from, half an hour away. Other bookstores also have Bibles and devotionals, but Half Price includes history of the Church, Biblical commentary and books on Jesus. This section encompasses the faith and the history behind it. From this section, I only bought a history of the church and the Message Bible.

As the summer went on, I spent most of my time in the Christian section, but I did make a venture across the store towards the children’s area. It was like most children’s areas with a cute mini table in the center and a couple of toys. Part of the children’s section is divided into a subsection of kid series. Notable series that they have are the original covers of A Series of Unfortunate Events (ASUE), the first two Narnia books enlarged in a special set, and the old American Girl books. During the summer I saw Samantha, Kit and I bought the hardcovers of Cecil and Marie-Grace.

Soon the summer came to an end and I had spent sixty dollars on books while my parents spent around twenty on me for other things. I got a Bible, History of the Church, Two books from ASUE, an American  Girl book set and monogrammed note cards. This was definitely my summer of exploring books. There is so much more that I have left to explore. Although I did not finish my adventure in exploring the bookstore, I still found a great treasure of a place where there are books just for me.

(Photo by Patrick Tomasso on Unsplash)

Kennedy Thedford

Agnes Scott '21

Kennedy is a Sophomore planning on double majoring in Spanish and Religion & Social Justice. She loves reading, writing and BB-8 from Star Wars.