This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

As someone who loves the finer things in life, I love perfume. I think it can change mood and the moods of people around you. I like to choose the scents I’m wearing based on the season. Certain seasons call for different scents. So I made a list of my favorite fragrances for the spring and summer.

REPLICA Beach Walk by MAISON MARGIELA

Top notes: Bergamot, Pink Pepper, Lemon

Middle notes: Transluzone, Ylang Ylang, Coconut Milk

Base notes: Musk,Cedar, Benzoin

Image: pixabay.com by wickelbock9

If you love the scent of a warm and sunny beach day you will love this perfume. When wearing it I can smell ocean water mixing with the sweet scent of coconuts, and a sting of citrus lemon. This is a fresh scent and as someone who doesn’t love fresh scents I still love it this one. I would recommend wearing this on summer weekends or by the pool, it’s the type of scent that’s made for having fun. It also stays on the skin and I can smell it for at least 8 hours after putting it on. I love this perfume and don’t think you can go wrong with it.

Aqua pour Femme by Kenzo

Top notes: Mandarin Orange, Raspberry Leaf, Lemon

Middle notes: Magnolia, Rose, Jasmine, Green Notes, Apple

Base notes: Patchouli, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cashmere Wood

Image: pixnio.com

This fruit fresh scent is perfect for the spring. It reminds me of Blue Dylan by Versace but with a much more affordable price tag and longer wear time on the skin. I would wear this as a day scent, or on a relaxing spring night. This perfume doesn’t last as long as some of my others, but this has a long wear time for a fruity fragrance, about five hours. This perfume is hard to find in the US, but if you are traveling abroad I would keep your eye out for this one.

Coco Mademoiselle Intense by Chanel

Top notes: Sicilian Orange, Calabrian Bergamot, Lemon

Middle notes: Rose, Jasmine, Fruity Notes

Base notes: Patchouli, Tonka Bean, Madagascar Vanilla, Labdanum, White Musk

Image: commons.wikimedia.org by Brownchl

There are many different versions of Coco Mademoiselle, but I enjoy the intense one the most. It is less floral than the others and more fruity. This is a very sophisticated perfume, perfect for a young professional. I would recommend this more anyone with a internship this summer. It is mature, but not old lady-ish. It smells like someone who is put together and knows what they want. This perfume tends to be cheaper at Duty Free, so if you are traveling this summer I would recommend buying it there.  

Vanille Banane by COMPTOIR SUD PACIFIQUE

Top notes: Orange, Banana, Whipped Cream

Middle notes: Banana Leaf, Clover

Base notes: Vanilla, White Rum

Image: flickr.com by Kirt Edblom

This perfume is not for the faint of heart, it smells exactly like banana bread. But if you are someone who enjoys unique scents this may be perfect for you. I wouldn’t say this is an everyday scent, but perfect for a summer vacation. I’m going on a trip to Guatemala this summer and I’m planning on bringing this perfume. Someone once told me to use one specific perfume on a trip and after the trip every time you smell that perfume it will remind you of your trip, because scents are so heavily tied to memories. I can’t wait to be learning about Guatemala while enjoying the smell of bananas around me.   

Julia King

Agnes Scott '22

Julia is a first-year at Agnes Scott, intending on majoring in Public Health and maybe Neuroscience. She grew up in Chicago and Albuquerque, New Mexico, but she would say she is from the Southwest. In her limited free time she likes to read, knit, watch beauty videos, and have tarot card readings with her friends.