This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

Are you a Scottie looking for a fun and crafty way to spread some holiday cheer (and maybe procrastinate a final or two)? Then the library is the place to be!

Agnes Scott College’s McCain Library has put up its traditional Bookmas Tree (a stack of the old green tomes of the National Union Catalog decorated with tinsel) and with a fun twist: the opportunity for students to create their own ornaments and help decorate the tree!

There are two options for decorating: make a paper ornament or wrap a present. The library has also suggested writing wishes and hopes for the finals season on your decorations to bring some cheer to the finals season.

Of course, there is the worry that the tree will run out of space. Have no fear! The library will also be using the ornaments to decorate the “stairwell of joy” which only happens every other year!

I decided to make an origami star (that expands into a wreath) to decorate the tree!

Here it is on the tree! Can you find it when you’re in the library next?

Wondering when you can do this crafting? McCain extended hours for the holiday (finals) season!

Good luck with crafting and finals!

Audrey Goodnight

Agnes Scott '19

Audrey is a senior at Agnes Scott College majoring in math and minoring in music and spanish. When not studying they like to read, watch shows, play games, listen to music, and hang out with friends. Their favorite genres are fantasy and sci-fi. Audrey hails from Minnesota but is enjoying being out in the Georgia "winter." Their favorite animal is cats.