This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

Tired of always going to Starbucks to meet your fancy coffee needs? Are you a coffee snob looking for some fresh new brews? Do you just want to find some new places to hang out or study? Here are some cool coffee shops around Atlanta that you should put on your radar.

Dancing Goats at Ponce City Market. Dancing Goats is a coffee shop that serves coffee from Batdorf and Bronson Rosters, the specialty coffee company. They have a few locations around Atlanta, including one in Decatur and one on Peachtree Road, but the Ponce City Market location is the perfect one to go to now that the weather is getting warmer. They have an outside seating area, complete with shading, a firepit, and fans to keep off the heat. You can sit in one of the comfy lawn chairs or, if you’re lucky, you can snag one of their hanging couches and swing comfortably while you chat with friends or hash out that essay you’ve been procrastinating on. Good coffee and a relaxing atmosphere, what more can you ask for?

(Photo by Claudia Belfiore)

Land of a Thousand Hills is another shop you might want to stop by. They also offer a few locations around Atlanta, including one in Midtown and one in Atlantic Station. The Atlantic Station location is the perfect place to stop by if you’re planning on having a day out on the town. Being right across from the AMC theater, it’s a great place to go if you chronically get to movies way earlier than necessary, or you just want a place to get some coffee or tea while you discuss the symbolism in the movie you just watched. Either way, Land of a Thousand Hills has what you need. Also, if you want a hint on what to get, they have really good matcha green tea lattes.

(Photo by Claudia Belfiore)

Chocolaté Coffee is a cool place if you’re a fan of a more alternative style coffee shop vibe. They offer a wide array of specialty coffee and flavors and have a really cool atmosphere. If you just need somewhere to go to get some studying done, or you want a cool new place to hang out and chat with your friends then you should check out Chocolaté in North Decatur Plaza.

Claudia Belfiore

Agnes Scott '22

Claudia Belfiore is currently a freshman at Agnes Scott who is intending on majoring in English. She has lived in multiple different states including Michigan, Colorado, Arizona, California, and most recently Georgia. She is an avid reader, coffee drinker and enjoys traveling more than anything.