The Best Disney Movie of Every Year Since 1990

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

For a lot of people Disney movies have shaped our childhood. When you hear of a certain Disney movie, it takes you back to a special time in your life. Here are our favorite Disney movies from each year since 1990.

1990-The Rescuers Down Under

This movie tells a story of adventure, bravery, and lasting friendship.

1991-Beauty and the Beast

Who else is counting down the days until we see Emma Watson as Belle?!?

1992- Aladdin

You can’t deny you thought about having a pet tiger after seeing Jasmine’s.

1993-Hocus Pocus

Get out your smoking cauldrons, Scotties.

1994- The Lion King

Pumba is 100% me, everyday.

1995- Toy Story

Even though in 95’ only the first Toy Story was out, this three-part movie series will forever be one of my favorites (and if you didn’t cry in Toy Story 3, you have no heart). Also, rumor has it that there will be Toy Story 4 in a couple years!

1996-101 Dalmatians

This is one of my all-time favorite childhood movies 96’ being the year I was born, I think I have a special connection to this one.

1997- Flubber

This dancing scene is brilliant.

1998-Mulan

Girl. Power.

1999-Tarzan

Not only is Tarzan a great storyline, but y’all…the soundtrack…c’mon.

2000-Emperor’s New Groove

I was looking back at some clips from this movie and forgot HOW HYSTERICAL IT IS. The things the characters say are unlike any old movie.

2001- Monsters Inc.

It’s impossible not to fall in love with Mike, Sulley, and Boo.

2002- Lilo and Stitch

Who actually knows all the lyrics to Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride? But it’s a great song.

2003 – The Lizzie McGuire Movie

Everyone loved the Lizzie McGuire TV show, and then they made a movie too! Characters we already knew and loved took the big screen in this awesome, funny, loving movie.

2004 – Princess Diaries 2

Julie Andrews + Anne Hathaway + Raven Symone + long staircase + mattresses = fantastic movie.

2005 Herbie Fully Loaded

Lindsay Lohan movies were always my favorite.

2006- High School Musical

Soundtrack to our childhood.

2007- Ratatouille

Who doesn’t love a good food movie?

2008-Bolt

You have to admit that hamster was hilarious.

2009- Up

CUTEST. MOVIE. EVER.

2010- Tangled

The chameleon and the horse — they made this movie.

2011- Winnie the Pooh

Recreation of a beloved classic.

2012- Brave

This fiery princess doesn’t need a man.

2013- Frozen

The ending where the man doesn’t save the girl, but her sister does — beautiful.

2014- Big Hero 6

Bring tissues.

2015- Inside Out

This movie blew our minds with its imaginative representation of human emotion.

2016- Finding Dory

Anything with Ellen DeGeneres in it is a winner.

And the movie we are most excited for in 2017 is the new Beauty and the Beast!! Now everyone, go and enjoy your favorite Disney movie!

Elizabeth Wolfe

Agnes Scott '18

Elizabeth is the Co-founder and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Agnes Scott. As a Junior at Agnes Scott, she is majoring in English-Literature and Political Science with a focus on human rights. Currently, she is an intern for Atlanta's premier alt-weekly magazine Creative Loafing.