This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

Memphis, Tennessee native Aaron Binkowitz strives to make trends rather than pursue them. His clothing line “Aron Fifer” took off this past summer as he began to find his calling.

Aron had a love for the art of fashion even as a young child. “My mom tells me I would say, ‘Mom, don’t wear that shirt with those pants. It doesn’t look right;’” he stated. Binkowitz then learned his sewing techniques using his muse; his mom. Binkowitz was quick to fabricate his first piece with her support, letting his paper sketches and pure imagination flourish from a needle.

With no hesitation, the young designer describes his clothing line as a sense of a pure exploration. Not a “one man show” but a journey for him and the consumers of his line to find themselves within his designs.

Leah Friddle is a newfound colleague of Bimkowitz and assisted on a photo shoot for “Aron Fifer”. “I feel that Aaron has a lot to bring to the table. From intricate designs to endless possibilities he expands the minds and works of the fashion industry in Memphis, Tennessee,” Friddle said.

The Memphis local is known as an innovator by his peers, forming urban art into entrepreneurship, and is certainly a designer to watch for the future; Binkowitz has his path planned out and says confidently, “I want to be able to create for the rest of my life.” You can explore the “Aron Fifer” line on Twitter and Instagram, @aronfifer.

Thumbnail and body photo from @aronfifer via Instagram.com.

MeaResea is an alumna of Agnes Scott College where she majored in Economics and minored in Spanish. She recharted the HCASC chapter in the fall semester of 2016. She served as the Editor-in-Chief and President of Her Campus at Agnes Scott. Her favorite quote and words that she lives by are, "She believed she could, so she did." -Unknown http://meareseahomer.agnesscott.org/