7 Local Study Spots Any Scottie Will Fangirl Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

Many of us are all too familiar with the struggle to find a good place to study when you want to get off campus. Those coveted library spots can get competitive! Try out some of these great places and let us know how it goes. Whether you’re looking for a place to relax and read, or planning on an all-day study session, these spots are sure to please.

1. Honey Bubble Tea – If you are a fan of bubble tea, Honey Bubble is a must-try. Its sleek, modern, interior offers a variety of seating, from bar stools to group tables and couches. Feed your sweet tooth while you study by munching on some of their baked goods and macaroons fresh from Alon’s Bakery in the Highlands. Not to mention, there is free parking!

2. Revolution Doughnuts –  What better place to read about the rise of Napoleon than this rebellious bakery just five minutes off-campus. Revolting against machine-made, chemically corrupted food, they use all-natural ingredients to handcraft their baked goods. Whether you are savoring a Nutella Cream Puff or a glass of Peachy Iced Tea, Revolution will never fail to please.

3. Octane –  While it may be a bit of a drive, this popular café is well worth the trip. We like to think that the Grant park location is the best, with its partnership with The Little Tart, a truly scrumptious bakery. There are a couple locations to choose from, however. The bustling environment is good for those who like a bit of background noise while they whip out a research paper.

4. Mr. Bombay’s Underwater Tea Party – Excuse me but… did anybody else hear ‘underwater tea party?” I’ve never fallen in love with a place for just its name, until now. At Mr. Bombay’s you can sip your afternoon tea while you procrastinate by browsing the selection of used books for sale. The whimsical décor features paper umbrellas and hanging paper cranes. You can feel good about your purchases, too, as part of the sales go towards scholarships for impoverished women in India.

5. JavaMonkey – JavaMonkey is no stranger to Scotties. Whether you need to buckle down to get ready for exams or want to relax with some live music, this is the place to be. Just a short walk into Decatur’s square, it offers a convenient place to study late into the night. Its cozy environment allows for hours of studying fueled by great drinks. Stop in on Sunday night to hear some awesome slam poetry.

6. Piedmont Park – Hear me out. There’s no better place to study for your Environmental Studies course than in the midst of nature itself. All you need to create a perfect study spot are some pillows, a blanket, your books, and snacks, of course! You can find free curb parking in the nearby neighborhoods.

7. Just Add Honey Tea Company – Located just 15 minutes off-campus in Sweet Auburn Markets, Just Add Honey is the perfect place to get your tea fix for the day with some delicious imported teas. Its quirky interior is well lit and colorful. What else could you possibly need? Tasty treats? They’ve got that all taken care of. Take a break from your work by going for a walk to browse the markets which include authentic Afro-Caribbean food and even a bookshop!

Don’t forget to take a picture of your study setup at any of these locations and tag us at @hcagnesscott or use the hashtag #HCASC!

Elizabeth Wolfe

Agnes Scott '18

Elizabeth is the Co-founder and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Agnes Scott. As a Junior at Agnes Scott, she is majoring in English-Literature and Political Science with a focus on human rights. Currently, she is an intern for Atlanta's premier alt-weekly magazine Creative Loafing.