5 Hangover Skincare Tips from Dr. Pimple Popper

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

Dr. Sandra Lee is a board certified dermatologist who shares videos of cyst, steatocystoma, lipoma, blackhead, and whitehead extractions via social media. Lee is an internet sensation—according to DrPimplePopper.com, she currently has over two million followers on Instagram and her YouTube videos have been watched over 750 million times.

Yes, as disgusting as it sounds, this is a real thing. “Popaholics” are avid watchers who often describe her videos as satisfying. This phenomenon is attributed to various reasons which range from a hard (or soft) blackhead procedure to the snapping sound that Dr. Lee’s gloves make. Some hardcore popaholics even watch Dr. Lee’s videos before bed because it helps them fall asleep. Of course, not everyone feels this way; some non-popaholics can’t bear to view any of the extractions for fear of losing their stomach contents.

Beyond her cyst-busting, Dr. Lee also has skin care tips. With all the smoke and dry air, pores get clogged and skin has the tendency to become dry. Let’s be real, there will be a lot of partying once the semester finally ends. However, prolonged drinking can cause redness, puffiness, and dryness the morning after. So, here are 5 tips to take care of your hangover skin from Dr. Sandra Lee and her PA, Erin Jensen.

1.To prevent dehydrated skin after a night of partying, alternate drinking water between alcoholic beverages. Also, as a general tip, make sure you’re staying hydrated the whole night you’re dancing at the club. Remember, water is just as good as “hangover cures” like Gatorade or coconut milk.

2. If your face is red (or redder) the next day because your blood vessels are dilated, apply a cold compress for about 5 minutes to reduce the color.

3. Eat a lot of foods that contain Vitamin A. These include vegetables, like carrots and squash, or red meats. This will give your face a healthy glow.

4. When you’re at your next Tech party, put down the fruity, sugary mixers. Excess sugar can make your face puffy and swollen-looking the next day.

5. Wash your face! At the bare minimum, use a wipe to remove your makeup before you go to sleep. Ideally, you should wash your face as well, but it’s understandable if you aren’t coherent enough to do the full face care routine.

Photo Credit: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Helen Davison

Agnes Scott

MeaResea is an alumna of Agnes Scott College where she majored in Economics and minored in Spanish. She recharted the HCASC chapter in the fall semester of 2016. She served as the Editor-in-Chief and President of Her Campus at Agnes Scott. Her favorite quote and words that she lives by are, "She believed she could, so she did." -Unknown http://meareseahomer.agnesscott.org/