Your Ultimate Women’s History Month Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

March is Women’s History Month! It’s time to belt out some tunes and groove because you are a true QUEEN! Enjoy this month by singing and dancing along to a playlist that’ll help you channel fierce, fabulous, and feminine energy!

“Run the World (Girls)” by Beyonce

The playlist must start with this anthem from Queen Bey! This song is a lovely shout-out to the women who have graduated from college, have careers, and are amazing mothers! This song is especially fitting since we have a female Vice President and many other remarkable female leaders. Girl Power! 

“I’m Every Woman” by Whitney Houston

Whitney’s legacy and vocals are soul and earth-shattering! She beautifully sings about feminine intuition and instinct within these lyrics. Whitney is a perfect example of the talented female singer-songwriters in our world.

“Girl on Fire (Inferno Remix)” by Alicia Keys featuring Nicki Minaj

As a woman, you are unstoppable and ON FIRE, and this tune is sure to remind you of that! You can do anything you desire within your mind, body, heart, and soul. You are simply a hottie, and all is well in your world!

“Boss B—” by Doja Cat

This song is upbeat and catchy, so get ready to get your groove on! Blast this song while doing a kick-butt workout, or whenever you want! You are the entire cake with a cherry on top, as Miss Doja Cat says! Keep shining like gloss, you woman boss!

“Can’t Hold Us Down” by Christina Aguilera featuring Lil’ Kim

Never let anyone disrespect you with words or actions! This song commands respect for all women. Christina’s vocals and Kim’s bars are invincible, just like you! Take in these lyrics to feel uplifted and inspired, and to remind you not to be held down by anyone or anything.

“Sit Still, Look Pretty” by Daya

Although you are pretty while sitting still, this song will have you up and dancing! On top of this, the lyrics in this mellow and refreshing song proclaim that you don’t need to be a trophy wife or a Barbie doll to be the perfect woman.

“Girls Just Want to Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper

This 80’s pop classic needs no introduction! Life is too short not to have fun or take yourself too seriously, so slide on some leg warmers and kick back while belting out this song!

“Man! I Feel Like a Woman!” by Shania Twain

The playlist ends with this carefree country classic- let your hair down and slip on some cowgirl boots! The best lyric in this song is about having the prerogative to have fun simply because you are a woman. Amen to that! Happy Women’s History Month!

I am currently going for my Master of Science in Nutrition. Writing is one of my favorite activities to do! Gardening, cooking, and every sport/recreation activity under the sun also exudes joy! I also love to unwind with international music, film, and literature while cuddling with my cat!