You Know You’ve Seen Too Many Movies When…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Watching movies can become more than a pastime; it can actually become a hobby or an addiction. After watching many movies it can be hard not to imagine what life would be like if it were a movie. Life as a movie lover can be difficult particularly when everything reminds you of a film. Here are a few signs that might suggest you’ve watched too many movies:

You know each character’s lines by heart: Have you ever catch yourself saying the character’s line before they actually say it? You probably annoy your friends and family when reciting the movie from beginning to end.

You wake up singing your favorite movie’s theme song: Waking up to “Don’t you forget about me” from “The Breakfast Club”.

Secretly wanting people to break out into a musical: Ever wonder what it would be like to live in a musical?

Saying movie catch phrases all the time: “You talkin’ to me?”, “Run, Forrest, run!”, “Why so serious?”, just to name a few.

You analyze your favorite movie thinking about a different ending– You can’t help but wonder what could have been.

When reading/writing fan-fiction becomes more than a hobby.

When you confuse actors and their characters from different movies. 

When you confuse actors with regular people: “Oh is that Tom Cruise over there?!”

When watching trilogies doesn’t seem like a bad idea– each movie 3hours= 9hours total.

When having a movie marathon day doesn’t seem to make you uncomfortable.

Whether you are doing an all-day marathon of Christopher Nolan movies or Nicholas Sparks, it’s always best to take breaks. With whatever your movie interest is, remember to never compare movies to your life, nor confuse the two. 

I am currently working for Chernoff Diamond, a financial consulting firm. I have a passion for writing and going to the gym. My main mission is to utilize my writing and journalism skills to help advocate for the underprivileged. With determination and hard work, I am motivated to travel around the world and learn about people's stories in hope to become more knowledgeable about the world.