This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

To celebrate Galentine’s Day this year, my friends and I went out to see the new film Isn’t It Romantic? To be honest, I was quite surprised by how much I enjoyed the film and I’m pretty sure I was smiling throughout the entire movie. Based off the commercials, you can tell that the whole cast is absolutely fabulous, but I’ve got to say Rebel Wilson is an absolute queen. She’s not the typical rom-com leading lady, as she’s proud to represent plus-sized women, and I’m totally here for it. Her character, Natalie, isn’t that perfect, yet clumsy, girl. Instead, she’s hardworking and faces hardships, which makes her much more relatable to the audience.  Isn’t It Romantic? also stars Adam DeVine, Priyanka Chopra and Liam Hemsworth.

To give you a brief summary (without any spoilers), Natalie (Rebel Wilson) wakes up after getting mugged and finds herself trapped in her least favorite type of movie, a romantic comedy, and must find love in order to get back to her normal life. The film is light-hearted and filled with all of our favorite romantic tropes, like owning the perfect apartment in New York City, a makeover montage, and a kiss in the rain. The film pokes fun at all of these tropes and I found out that the director watched over 80 romantic comedies for research, which is absolutely crazy. And if you’re a fan of Pretty Woman, there are several nods to it.

(Source: Warner Bros.)

The entire movie is aesthetically pleasing with the use of bright and pastel colors. The sets, costumes, and choreography were ON POINT.  And a fun fact is that some clothing featured in the film is from Rebel Wilson’s clothing line. Not to mention, the movie is extremely funny, there are musical numbers, and features a Hemsworth brother, so you might as well see it!

(Source: Warner Bros.)

Even if romantic comedies aren’t your thing, give this one a shot. You can check out the trailer here. It’s pretty different from any rom-com I’ve seen (and trust me, I’ve seen A LOT) and believe that this will become an instant classic.

(Source: Warner Bros.)

Hello! My name is Julia and I’m currently a senior at Adelphi University. I’m studying business management and one day I hope to own my own company. I’ve always loved to write and I’m super excited to be a part of the Her Campus team!