This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Bullet Journal (BuJo for short) is the newest form of planning that has been getting the world’s attention. Ryder Carroll, a digital product designer, is the man who started this seemingly revolutionary type planning. This type of planner isn’t like others. From the writer’s own words, this journal exists “to help you track the past, organize the present, and plan for the future.” Bullet Journals are more than just your planner. You can use it to keep track your exercises at the gym, groceries list, or goals you have for your day, month or even your year. Bullet Journals can have anything and everything in them. There are of the few planners in my experience that give you complete creative control on what you want it to look like.

Here is a list of some of the items, and links, that I have in my Bullet Journal that may inspire you to start your own cool journal.

Book: Leuchtturm1917

The pages are numbered and there is already an index page so you can solely focus on being creative.

Tools:

Rulers – now I don’t know about you, but I could never make a straight line even if my life depended on it. So I went out of the way to buy this Staedtler Geometry set of rulers and they have been absolutely amazing.

Stencils – To add a little jazz to my bullet journal I use stencils to help add a little bit of creativity. I liked some really cute ones you can find at Michael’s Craft Store.  

Stickers:

Planner Stickers can definitely help if you’re not that creative. I have a whole drawer that is full of them and I have used almost all of them. Because I can’t really draw, adding some cute lettering and pictures can add some cuteness to it.

Another fun thing that I use in my planner are pens and markers:

Now there are some people that use Crayola materials which is good, as I use them as well. But some other planner people use other pens and markers.  

Tombow Dual Brush Pens  

They have a brush side as well as a fine side. If you get some of the packaged ones you can get a blender that you can use to blend two colors together. Also, these markers self-clean themselves after blending so you won’t have to worry about them staying blended when you want them to go back to their true color.

Sakura Pigma Micron

Another cool set of pens that I use are the Sakura Pigma Micron pens, or Micron for short. These pens come in a range of tip sizes. From sizes 005 for very fine tip lines to 08 for a bolder tip. They also have brush pens as well.

For those who are just getting started with their bullet journals, it’s a lot of fun. I love making new pages and getting to let my creative side out and challenge myself with different fonts, styles or even colors. They are a lot of work but totally worth it.

Hi, I'm Kait. I am currently a senior at Adelphi University and I am a Communications Major with a concentration in Digital Media and Cinema Studies. I love writing and have written stories ever since I was a little girl. Once I graduate from Adelphi University I hope to become a screenwriter working for film or television. But until then you'll see me socializing with my friends and family, studying for the next exam, or writing my scripts in the library.