Ways to Get Your Groove on (International Dance Day)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

International Dance Day is today and even if you’re not a dancer, there are plenty of ways to get moving and celebrate!

1. Dance tutorials

Go online and see if you can copy an overconfident teenager or a professional dancer with years of training. Stand in front of your computer dancing and embarrass yourself when your mom walks in on you.

2. Play dance/zumba games on your gaming system

Motivate yourself to get up and play Just Dance on your Wii. When you finally choose a random One Direction song, you lose to your lazy sibling who sits on the couch shaking the remote.

3. Go to a Zumba/Jazzercise class

Realize everyone there is over 40. Go home.

4. Try yoga or stretching to become more flexible

Look up awkward yoga poses and streches. End up feeling nothing or being in too much pain to continue. 

5. Watch dancing TV shows

Put on So You Think You Can Dance and notice how everyone on it is your age or younger. See how ridiculously talented everyone is. Feel bad about your lack of success at your age. Throw popcorn at your TV. Attempt to copy them and hurt yourself.

6. Go out dancing with friends

Get really druuuuunk and forget about all the stupid dancers on TV. Have fun until your wake up the next morning. 

So what will you do for National Dance Day? Probably nothing? I can’t really blame you.

Freshman acting major at Adelphi University :)