This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

For those of you who like to throw yourself into the middle of a mosh-pit and love to go crowd surfing, prepare yourself because Vans Warped Tour has announced that this year will be their last full cross-country tour. After 23 years of music festivals, Warped Tour will come to an end this summer.

After Vans first sponsored the event in 1995, the company became the event’s primary title sponsor. Bands such as Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance owe their career to the Vans Warped Tour since they became well-known thanks to those tours.

People from all over come together for this one event and bond over their similar taste in music. The tour has become a safe haven for people to freely express themselves without the fear of being judged. Even performers themselves often promote the judgment-free concert because at some point in their own lives they were also bullied and it is because of those haters that they found inspiration for their music.    

With this tour being the last one, they are expecting a good turnout of people for each location this year. For the tri-state area, some of the most popular locations include the two in Camden and Holmdel New Jersey, along with the location in Wantagh in Jones Beach. The more people that show up the better! However, that also means that there will possibly be larger mosh pits and a lot more crowd surfing since everyone plans on going all out for the last Warped Tour. So watch out for those flying kicks to the head!

This last tour should definitely be one to remember. For those of you who have never been to a Warped Tour, tickets sell at an affordable price of $45.00. I will also be going to tour in New Jersey as I have every year and I encourage anyone who’s never been to a Warped Tour to go this last year. The lineup and tour dates have already been released and can be found on the Van’s Warped Tour website. Happy moshing!

Hi, my name is Gabby. I am currently a Junior at Adelphi University. I am a psychology major and I wish to pursue a career in child psychology. I am originally from Staten Island, New York. I am also on the Equestrian team at Adelphi. I am a coffee fanatic and enjoy yoga. I enjoy having movie nights and staying in. I love everything Disney and my favorite Disney princess is Ariel from The Little Mermaid.