Tom Gonzalez ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Q: What’s your year and major?

A: I’m a senior and I major in communications with a focus on film.

Q: What activities are you involved in school and outside school?

A: I am involved in the Delta Chi faternity.

Q: What are your hobbies?

A: I love watching movies, playing league of legends; and I absolutely love both film and photography.

FUN Fact: I completed the Buffalo Wild Wing’s Blazin’ challenge.

Q: What do you love about Adelphi?

A: The Communication Department is always willing to help and do what’s best for you. I also love the printing lab, it’s extremly accessible and the people that work there are kind and willing to help.

Q: What do you wish to do when you graduate? (What are your goals)

A: My goals after graduation are to work in film in general, but my ultimate goal is to become a director for television and movies.

Q: Do you have any role models?

A: One of my role models is Philip DeFranco, he runs a Youtube channel and he’s one of the oldest Youtubers who started in the beginning. When he sees things wrong in the world, he’s willing to call it out and not just hide behind a persona. I also look up to Joe Rogan, he’s a comedian who also announces the UFC Podcast. He has a lot of good thoughts and he has a very positive outlook on life in general.

FUN Fact: I’ve been to Australia and Cuba.

Q: What’s your favorite place at Adelphi?

A: My favorite place is Blodgett Hall, it’s where I spend most of my time and where I get most of my work done. I also usually hangout with people the most in Blodgett.

Q: What advice would you give to incoming freshman?

A: Get Involved! And get involved quickly and early. It may seem lame at first, but that’s the primary way you can get to know people and figure out what you want to do on campus. 

Q: What is your favorite memory at Adelphi?

A: My favorite memory at Adelphi is the film festival, I made a Parkour piece in Cuba and my film was entered into the festival. I didn’t win, but it was a great experience and it was cool to see people watch my work.

Q: What do you think is most important in order to have a great college experience?

A: The most important thing in order to have a great college experience is time management. Time management is the key for everything. At the end of the day, you’re at school to get schoolwork done and to learn. Having a social life and friends is also an extremely important part of it. If you can’t manage your time to get your homework and assignments done, you won’t have the time to spend with your friends. 

FUN Fact: My favorite TV show is Stranger Things.

Q: Favorite Adelphi Professor?

A: My favorite professor is Joan Schimke. She’s extremely helpful with everything and she’s always willing to sit down and talk to you. She’s a great resource; and she has amazing films and creativity. She’s not scared to say no and tell you what she actually thinks. 

Q: Favorite food?

A: Pizza and Ice cream! 

Q: Favorite type of music?

A: Mostly anything with guitar. I usually listen to Rock and I recently have been listening to Hip Hop. 

FUN Fact: My favorite physical activity is snowboarding.

Hi I'm Liz!! I'm currently a sophomore at Adelphi University and I study communications. I strive to become a journalist or a news reporter someday. Besides being a contributor for HerCampus and studying communications, I have a passion for martial arts and criminal justice. I also love babysitting so I obviously love kids and something I may also do is become a teacher. One fun fact about me is that  I have been studying Ju Jitsu for the past 12 or 13 years and I am currently a second degree brown belt.