Stargazing: A look into Kate Middleton’s fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Stargazing: A look into Kate Middleton’s fashion.

This week we all need to stop and discuss the style icon that is the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton. Seriously, why is she so perfect?  She came out of hiding recently after  suffering from serve Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Middleton’s recent looks are a departure from what she is usual seen wearing.  These looks are slightly edgier.

Middleton’s first appearance was with her husband, Prince William, as they welcomed the President of Singapore and his wife, Mrs. Tony Tan Keng Yam, to the United Kingdom.  Middleton wore a bespoke coat by Alexander McQueen and a bespoke Jane Taylor hat.  She completed her look with a loose ponytail (something the Duchess is rarely seen wearing in public events) and Prada pumps. The pattern of the coat is what makes the whole outfit. It is classic with a twist.

Later on in the night Middleton’s outfit was a departure from what one might think standard Royal Protocol is.  She wore a gorgeous evening dress, by Jenny Packham to the Natural History Museum. The dress featured a deeply veed neckline, three quarter sleeves, and a thigh high slit in the front.  Her look was a sophisticated, sexy high-low dress. Middleton accessorized with a custom Alexander McQueen clutch and L.K Bennett shoes.

The Duchess’s next event was for her patronage, Action on Addiction Autumn Gala.  She wore a Temperley London dress that was inspired by stained glass ironwork.  It was a departure from the dresses she usually wears because of the intricate pattern, scooped back and slashed neckline.  Middleton even added her own flair by adding a black bow at the waist.  To finish off the look, Middleton wore her trusty Jimmy Choos .

Recently, Middleton debut her baby bump. A visit to the Pembroke Oil Refinery in Wales, with her husband, the world got its first glimpse at Middleton’s baby bump.  To accentuate her bump, she wore a pale blue Matthew Willamson coat. Accompanied by a brown shirtdress from Hobbs, Aquatalia Rhumba Boots, and a Stuart Weitzman clutch.

Regardless of what comes the Duchess of Cambridge way, one thing will always be clear.  She is a style icon and her outfits for every event are sophisticated, classy, and beautiful without comprising herself.