This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Since holidays are coming up, so are sales. If you are not sure what to get as a gift for friends or family, or even a gift to spoil yourself with, here are a few staple products I have added to my collection to help you decide. None of these products are in any specific order, I truly am in love with and used every single product I have listed down below.

1. The Huda Beauty New Nude Eyeshadow Palette

This new nude palette is beyond creamy and pigmented. The metallics are extremely vibrant. The colors could be used for a simple or extra look. This palette can make any eye color pop. Just a warning, the glitters in this palette are actual glitters, so you have to use glitter glue.

2. The Urban Decay Naked Cherry Eyeshadow Palette

I honestly love how Urban Decay continues the Naked series. If you are a makeup collector like me, this palette is perfect to add onto your Urban Decay Naked palette collection. The colors are perfect for this upcoming winter because of the warm tones. This palette also contains a high-quality brush, one side is a packing brush and the other is a blending which is perfect to use.

3. The Anastasia Beverly Hills Sultry Eyeshadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills, in my opinion, has hands down the best eyeshadow formula. They have really perfected the formula, especially in this palette. Since this palette is available for a limited time, it would be best to get now before it’s gone forever. If you miss your chance of buying it, hopefully Anastasia Beverly Hills will release the Sultry palette as a permanent palette.

4. The Too Faced Gingerbread Spice Eyeshadow Palette

So no tea no shade, but Too Faced has been lacking with their palettes. Don’t get me started on the White Chocolate palette released in the previous year. However, the Gingerbread palette is their redemption palette. The colors in the palette are absolutely beautiful and they actually correlate for once. I honestly believe this palette has the ability to bring this brand back.

5. The Morphe GRAND MASTERS 20-PIECE BRUSH COLLECTION

Since I’ve been mentioning a lot of eyeshadow palettes, it’s time to bring up brush sets. The Morphe GRAND MASTERS 20-PIECE BRUSH COLLECTION is a synthetic brush set that was released in Morphe’s holiday collection. The set comes with 8 brushes for the face and 12 for the eyes and eyebrows. The brushes in this set are one of the softest brush sets I’ve used on my face.  

6. FARSÁLI Unicorn Essence Antioxidant Primer Serum

This is what keeps my foundation on for hours. At first, when applying this primer it’s a little stinky, but that’s a good thing because it makes the foundation cling to the skin. It doesn’t have a crazy chemical smell, it smells natural, almost like cake, and who doesn’t love to smell like cake?! This product has never failed me once and has helped keep my makeup on for hours without creasing. This is a product you can rely on.

7. Kat Von D

Any of Kat Von D’s eyeliners can create and perfect the wing. I prefer the tattoo liner because I’m not a fan of the felt tip but prefer the one with actual brush hairs. The felt tip makes it harder to have a precise line. Not only does Kat Von D eyeliners have precision but the product has lasted me up to a year and still gives a super intense winged look.

8. FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNAPro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

This full coverage goddess of a foundation has brought my dry combo skin to life. The shade range has literally brought me to life. Does this foundation oxidize? No, this is legit heaven on earth in a bottle. Rihanna is a genius for creating such a beauty. This product has me at a loss for words with how good it is.

9. BENEFIT COSMETICS Magical Brow Stars! Blockbuster Brow Set

This brow set is the kit you need to have perfect brows. The pens have a tendency to run out in a month but the brow pomade can pretty much last you a lifetime. Both of these products can be used to perfect the shape of your brows. The brow gel helps make your brows look darker and thicker. These products are super easy and quick to use.

10. The NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer

This concealer has the strength and coverage to cover and hide the heaviest of bags under your eyes. This formula is super hydrating and is best if you have dry skin which is perfect for this upcoming winter. My worst fear every winter is dry and flaky skin. I can tell you that this product is the cure-all.

All of these products can be found in Sephora stores or online at Sephora’s site except for The Morphe GRAND MASTERS 20-PIECE BRUSH COLLECTION which can be found at the Morphe store or online at Morphe’s website. These can be great holiday gifts you can pick up on Black Friday or buy online this upcoming Cyber Monday.

Where to start? Let's start off with my name because it's simple and can tell you quite a lot about someone. My name is Olivia, I was named after a character from a Shakespeare play because my mother loved literature. Since my mother loved literature so much, she would read to me every night and then I learned how to read which led to my passion for literature and storytelling. Even though I am a physics major, nothing will stop me from pursuing a career in writing whether it's creative or scholarly work.