Spring Break Staycation: 5 Things to Do Without the Air Fare

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

When I think of Spring Break, my mind immediately goes to a bunch of wild college students living their best lives in Miami, Florida. However, while the Spring Break trip of your dreams would be one for the books, it’s certainly not one for the budget. So, if you are bored at home over the next week or two, here are a few, fun ideas to make this the best staycation yet!

Pop-Up Museum

You don’t need to travel far to get an Insta-worthy pic! Pop-Up Museums are more popular than ever, so what better excuse than to take a trip into New York City with a friend. Plus, don’t forget that Pop-Up Museums are only open for a few months, so you don’t want to miss out on a one-of-a-kind experience. One Pop-Up Museum, The Color Factory, was such a huge hit that tickets are on sale through the spring. Get your tickets here.

Brunch With a Friend

The semester can be a hectic time that prevents you from hanging with your friends on a regular basis. Spring Break is a great time to catch up, not to mention picking out a cute spot to have a yummy brunch. Check out Sunday in Brooklyn for a great brunch menu!

Boardwalk at the Beach

Now, you may be thinking, isn’t it too cold to go to the beach? Well, yes and no. Some fresh air and sunshine on the boardwalk is just what you need to de-stress after midterms.

Road Trip to the Next State

A road trip does not have to be a three-day journey from New York to California. While that may be a trip to add to our bucket lists, it may not be in favor of a “low-budget” trip. Take a day trip or spend the night in a nearby state like Connecticut or Pennsylvania. Check out the Mystic Aquarium in Connecticut or have some fun at Hersheypark in Pennsylvania.

Spa Day

Treat yourself to a spa getaway! Who says you need to travel all the way to the Bahamas to get a nice massage? Go with a friend or your significant other to your local spa and enjoy the relaxation while you can (if only Spring Break was two weeks instead of one).

Now that you have a few, fun ideas to occupy yourself with over Spring Break, you will get those Insta-worthy pics, spend quality time with friends, and get some relaxation… all without the air fare!

Hi! My name is Kerri Hayman and I am an undergraduate student at Adelphi University. My passion for writing lies within the lines of my poetry. I truly believe that when spoken word fails, written word speaks. Writing has allowed me to open a creative door for others to venture through and to relate on a personal level. Through struggles and triumphs, writing has become an artistic outlet for me to express my creative self!