XBadSkincareHabits HeroImage?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
XBadSkincareHabits HeroImage?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

Some of my Favorite Skin Care Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Us teenage girls are constantly being told how beautiful we have to look, with porcelain skin, and no acne or eye bags. This is not the reality for a lot of girls, but we can still have fun taking care of our skin and polishing our look.

I love doing skincare personally for two good reasons: First, looking into the mirror and seeing my efforts pay off makes me feel confident.The second reason is that my skincare routine is my small break in the day where I can just take time and enjoy myself, without thinking about my academics or other responsibilities.

As a big skincare fanatic, I have a large collection of products, and through trial and error, I present to you my favorite products on the market!

SooJung 2X Barrier Intensive Cream

Price: $13.77 on Amazon

This is a new product that I recently introduced into my skincare routine and fell in love with. As someone with an oily skin texture, this was a moisturizer that worked really well for me while not feeling too heavy. This is also one of the cheaper moisturizers on the market that would produce an amazing result!

Cerave Daily Moisturizing Lotion

Price: $11.62 on Amazon

This is another lightweight moisturizer I will continuously rave about for the rest of my life! It’s imbued with great ingredients, including niacinamide and hyaluronic acid. Niacinamide can help with acne scars while hyaluronic acid is one of the best chemical compounds for increasing moisture, making this a great product for dry skin.

Innisfree Hyaluronic Acid Sheet Mask

Price: $2.90 per sheet mask

I understand that many people do not like using sheet masks, but don’t worry! This Korean skincare company is known for its sustainable products, and you can even trade in biodegradable sheet masks and reusable bottles for points that can count towards discounts for future purchases. My mother, who has intense dry skin, and now begs me to keep an eye out for discounts on this sheet mask because it does so much for her skin. Please try this product if you experience extreme dry skin, I promise it will be worth it.

Dr. Belmeur Clarifying Facial Toner

Price: $16.50 on Amazon

When I say this is a miracle toner, I truly mean it. One time, I had a massive pimple on my chin and I impulsively added a couple drops of this toner on it and in three days, it completely cleared up. My grandmother had the same issue and using this toner did the same thing for her. It is definitely on the drying side so if you deal with dry skin, this may not be the best toner, but it does have its wonders.

Innisfree Cica Balm with Bija Seed Oil

Price: $25

This is the go-to product for the areas on my skin that are constantly breaking out. A small layer over your acne will act like a second skin to blockt impurities from entering your skin. I have used this product for over a year and I will continue to purchase this again and again. If this is an amazing product for you, look around the website for the large size they sell!

Origins Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores

Price: $27

I can agree that the price is high for only 2.5 fl. Oz. of product, but when I say it’s worth it, it’s worth it. Whenever I feel my oily face is getting really bad, this is the product I put on my face. The amazing oil control this provides is something I cannot tell you enough about. From someone who has tried over 10 face masks, both sheets and clay, this would be the mask I would not be able to give up.

Mighty Patch Hydrocolloid Acne Pimple Patch

Price: $12.50 on Amazon

This product is the only thing that keeps me from popping pimples constantly. It blends seamlessly into your skin, making you forget like you are wearing one. The patch draws out the pus underneath the pimple within a day or two, and the sheer amount of patches I have used is ridiculous – but definitely worth it.

This is just a small list of products I fell in love with, and I could go on and on about more things, but that’s going to take up too many pages and time. I hope you guys try out some of these products on a self care day or on a daily basis, and love them just like I do!

Eileen He

Adelphi '24

Eileen He is a student at Adelphi University, with a psychology major and a premed student. She has lived in China and now is currently living in NYC. She continues to travel the world, having been to multiple countries like Canada, Japan, and Korea. She is a member of HerCampus for her university, and wants to share her voice and thoughts to the world as much as she can.