September Best Awards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Best song:

Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass

This song was number one in the top 100 songs in America for 2 straight weeks. This catchy tune will just not get out of our heads. Just after one listen you’ll find yourself humming the song wherever you go and you’ll probably get it stuck on all of your friend’s heads as well.

Best movie:

This is Where I Leave You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH0cEP0mvlU

This is as hysterical movie about when the patriarch of a family dies and to honor his death, the memers of his family honor his last wish by being “grounded” for a week and living in the same house. It is funny, heartwarming, and occasionally tear jerking. It really is a must see. And Tina Fey is in it so what other reason do you need?

Best tv show:

Once Upon a Time’s 4th season

It is no secret that Once Upon a Time is an amazing show. And if you don’t agree then there is most likely someone in your friend group who will try their hardest to change your mind. It takes the fairy tales you know and love and twists them around somehow to create an astonishing new take. And in the upcoming season the beloved characters from Frozen will be added to the world of Storybrook, so how can you not be excited?

Best current event:

iPhone 6

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6992106/if-iphone-6-were-actually-better

Ah Apple, you’ve done it again. You’ve created such hype for the iPhone 6 even though the only noticeable difference between the 5s is the size. Unless you live under a rock over the past month, you could not have gone a day without hearing something about it. Whether it be how your friend couldn’t wait to buy it or a parody on youtube about how it’s the exact same thing as the 5s, the word is everywhere. 

Adelphi Campus Correspondent. Natalie is a sophomore at Adelphi University where she studies Acting and English passionately. In between her studies, she enjoys jam-packing her schedule through writing for contentBase.co, holding a chair position on the Student Activities Board and shining on the stage in school productions. She loves cats, coffee, fashion and music almost as much as she does writing. Her goal as a journalist is to inspire as many ambitious, young people, like herself, to make the most of their lives as possible.