Sarah Barone Stern ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Q: What’s your year and major?

A: I’m a senior and my major is exercise science. 

Q: What activities are you involved in school and outside school?

A: I am on the Women’s Soccer team at Adelphi. I coach and train younger girls for soccer as well.

Q: What are your hobbies?

A: I really enjoy listening to music and spending time with my family.

Q: What do you love about Adelphi?

A: I love the people and environment. Everyone is always so helpful and it is awesome that where ever you go on campus you see someone you know.

Q: What do you wish to do when you graduate? (What are your goals)

A: My goal is to become a Physical Therapist. So right now I am in the process of applying to DPT programs for grad school.

FUN Fact: I played semi-pro soccer over this past summer.

Q: Do you have any role models?

A: My mom is probably my biggest role model. For all she does for me and has done for me through out my life. I just wish I could be half the woman/mother she is one day.

Q: What’s your favorite place at Adelphi?

A: Probably the soccer field haha. Motamed field has taken a lot of time out of my life and I have put in a lot of work to be better every day.

Q: What advice would you give to incoming freshman?

A: I would definitely recommend they get involved. If they aren’t on a sports team they should definitely going a sorority or a group to have a close group of friends. It will make everything better!

Q: What is your favorite memory at Adelphi?

A: Probably winning the North East conference championship on our home field.

FUN Fact: I have 3 sisters and I enjoy drawing. 

Q: What do you think is most important in order to have a great college experience?

A: The people you surround yourself with. If you surround yourself with people that will motivate you and keep you driven then you’ll be able to get through any obstacle that will arise throughout your 4 years of college, and trust me there will be plenty. Most importantly enjoy it and have fun. Everyone says college goes by so fast so enjoy it and don’t take it for granted, but it didn’t take me becoming a senior to really believe that it FLIES by. Enjoy every second of it before it’s over in the blink of an eye.

Q: Favorite Adelphi Professor?

A: Professor Petrizzo, great guy and incredibly helpful and smart.

Q: Favorite food?

A: Pasta without a doubt

Q: Favorite type of music?

A: I listen to all different types of music, really depends on my mood… but I really enjoy country!

​FUN Fact: I went to an all girl school my whole life (kindergarten-12th grade)

Hi I'm Liz!! I'm currently a sophomore at Adelphi University and I study communications. I strive to become a journalist or a news reporter someday. Besides being a contributor for HerCampus and studying communications, I have a passion for martial arts and criminal justice. I also love babysitting so I obviously love kids and something I may also do is become a teacher. One fun fact about me is that  I have been studying Ju Jitsu for the past 12 or 13 years and I am currently a second degree brown belt.