This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

For those of you that missed it, one of the biggest style events held in our very own Big Apple was this past week from Thursday, February 12th, 2015 to Thursday, February 19th, 2015. The fall/winter 2015 fashion show featured trends that suited the ridiculously cold weather we’ve been getting hit with, including a lot of statement fur pieces and long ankle-hitting coats. Layering was a huge trend with all the major designers, whether their works were simple and elegant, such as Vera Wang‘s, or a little-bit more bold and street chic, such as Karen Walker. Shearling coats, huge scarves and wraps, and turtlenecks were constantly strutted down the runway, illustrating the designers’ understanding of the harsh New York winter. 

The decade in the spotlight this NYFW was the 70’s. Culottes Are Key is one of the nine major trends feautred this season. These ultra-comfy, wide-legged, cropped pants will be a breath of fresh air this spring for those girls who aren’t a fan of the suffocating denim-cut offs that are the usual staple bottoms in most girls’ wardrobes when the weather gets warmer.With leather accents or a pleated texture, there is sure to be a pair for everyone.

Another 70’s trend that baby brought back was fringe. This Elizabeth and James look turns this trendy style into a classic, wearable, and streamlined outfit for those who aren’t as daring with their choice of clothing. Designers incorporated fringe into everything from asymmetrical dresses to under large, winter sweaters. How will you add fringe to your 2015 closet?

A must-have for any girl living in a city with cold winters is a floor-sweeping coat, like this one by Michael Kors. This coat, with its plaid and fur, has tons of texture that’ll stand out from the standard puffers, parkas, and peacoats that you’ll see all over your college campus. Many coats such as this were featured this past week in spirit of one of the coldest weeks that the city has seen thus far this winter.

Enough about winter! It looks like, as usual, pastels are making their comeback for the spring 2015. Designers such as BCBG played with these fun, cheerful colors to get the rest of us excited and anticipating the warmer weather. Afterall, what makes tan legs look better than pastel colors? Absolutely nothing.

Speaking of spring and pastel colors, the last (but clearly not least) NYFW show was Sherri Hill (one of my personal favorites). Sherri Hill has recently collaborated with Duck Dynasty reality TV star and Dancing with the Stars season 19 runner up Sadie Robertson to create a “beautiful but appropriate” prom/formal line for girls. Robertson used her long limbs for something other than dance; Sherri Hill featured the gorgeous seventeen-year-old as a model. For anyone looking for a unique, not-too-sexy formal dress, check out Sherri Hill and Sadie Robertson’s collection!

Once again, the designers of the city that never sleeps fail to disappoint fashion-lovers everywhere. What was your favorite look that you saw on the runway this past week? From bohemian-chic to an edgy street vibe, the Big Apple has something to offer for every style-holic there.

Hey everyone! I'm Juls (yes, short for Julie), and I'm a junior biology major with a double minor in chemistry and mathematics at Adelphi University. I'm also a writer and the head of the editorial team for Her Campus Adelphi. I've been running for 6 years and am a (beginner) Bikram yoga junkie, so I guess you can say I'm also a fitness enthusiast. If I'm not out for a run or in the yoga studio, you can catch me volunteering at my local hospital, laughing with my friends while out for coffee, or tuning in for the latest episode of Dancing With the Stars. Feel free to say hi if you see me around; I'm most likely that girl with a pair of sunglasses on top of her head even if it's cloudy outside.