This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

It’s official, fall is really here. Now besides starting school and seeing your friends and meeting your new professors and the stress of the semester, one of the best things start up again: Fall TV Line Up. Here is a list of all the new shows that premiere that you’ll fall in love with.

September

Magnum P.I

Thomas Magnum is a special operations veteran and now is a Private Investigator living in Hawaii in a lavish mansion when he isn’t out solving and stopping crime. This beloved character was first introduced December 11, 1980, and played by Tom Selleck. Now Magnum is getting a new latin look, Jay Hernandez who’s been in most recently, Suicide Squad, as Diablo, ( #Hottie) Check out Magnum P.I September 24, on CBS at 9 pm.

Manifest

What would happen if you were on a plane and when you came back it was 5 years into the future, and everyone back home thought that you had been missing all these years? Well, that’s what happens to these passengers. Gone for 5 years and with no idea on how that became is the mystery that surrounds the flight crew and the passengers in this new drama hit that will premiere on NBC September 24, 2018, at 10 pm.

New Amsterdam

A hospital that focuses solely on the way that they treat their patients instead of the way they charge their patients? Folks, I think I found my new hospital. Dr. Max Goodwin is a good guy and a great doctor. He’s the new medical director. While his set mission is to take away the bureaucracy that surrounds the medical department and focus solely on helping the patients in the hospital he’ll have to fight to make what is right.

The series is inspired by Dr. Eric Manheimer’s memoir, Twelve Patients: Life and Death at Bellevue Hospital. This show is set to premiere September 25, at 10 pm.

A Million Little Things

Friendship isn’t a big thing, it’s built upon a million little things. That’s what makes it special. That’s no different for these Boston friends who meet under unlikely circumstances. Find out more about these friends on September 26, at 10 pm on ABC.

The Cool Kids

Who says you can’t have fun when you’re old? When you’re living in a retirement home and this old, what do you really got to lose? That’s what happens to these four seniors when they decide that they don’t really have that much time ahead of them they chose to live the best years of their life right before they leave for good. .Check out these wild seniors and all the trouble they get themselves in on Fox October 5th at 8:30 pm

God Friended Me

It’s not every day that you get a friend request from the man in the sky. Especially not for Miles Finer who is an atheist, which also puts him at odds with his reverend father. Upon accepting the request he notices that accepting that friend request from God becomes the good change in his life and those around him. Check out God Friended Me CBS September 30, at 8:30 pm.  

Rel

Our favorite TSA agent from Get Out, Lil Rel Howery, plays a loving husband and father. Well, that is until he finds out that his wife has been having an affair with his barber, #Harsh. I mean they’re always chances to find love again but a good reliable barber now that’s hard. With the barbershop being the hub and heart of the town you just know that everyone is gonna hear about it. With his wife moving to Cleveland and his kids moving with her now he’ll have to start getting his life together finding love as well as being a long-distance dad. Check out Rel on FOX September 30 at 9:30 PM

October

The Neighborhood

He’s back and better than ever: One of the OG Kings of Comedy, Cedric the Entertainer plays Calvin Butler in the new sitcom ‘The Neighborhood’.  He loves his neighborhood and the cultural history of it. That is until a Dave Johnson, played by Max Greenfield, and his family move from Michigan next door to Calvin and change up the history of the culture of the town. If weary Calvin and cheerful Dave can get along then they can make this town great. Check out The Neighborhood on CBS October 1st at 8 pm.

Happy Together

Married couple Peter and Claire live an average life in their suburban home. Well, that is until famed celebrity. Cooper James comes into their lives and lives on their couch. The show will premiere on CBS on October 1 at 8:30 pm by executive producers Ben Winston and Harry Styles. Yes, that Harry Styles. The show is loosely based on the time when Harry Styles himself lived with Ben Winston and his wife.

I Feel Bad

From Executive Producer and (hilarious actress and comedian) Amy Poehler, bring you Sarayu Rao plays Emet. She’s the perfect mom, perfect wife, perfect daughter. Okay, reality check she’s not perfect. But who is? Check it out on NBC October 4 at 9:30 pm.

Charmed 

This show has been resurrected from the 90’s and better than ever. Two sisters get home one day and find out their mother has died as well as find out they have a long-lost sister. If that isn’t crazy enough news, on top of that they find out that their witches! Check out all the magic and fun October 14, 9 pm on the CW.

The Rookie

Nathan Fillion, (known for playing writer, Richard Castle from the drama show, Castle), plays John Nolan who after having a life-altering incident at his local bank decides to join the Los Angeles Police Department. Being the older rookie for the LAPD he’ll have to fight to prove himself to his fellow younger rookies and the high up officers if he wants to stay in the force and not end up risking his life or fellow officers. Check out The Rookie October 16 at 10 pm.

And an added Bonus,

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

From the Archie Comics of the same name. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina starring Kiernan Shipka, (Known for playing Sally Draper in Mad Men) as 16-year-old Sabrina Spellman, half-witch half-mortal, who lives with her aunts at the family mortuary. And if being a regular teen isn’t hard enough with fitting in and spending time with your boyfriend Harvey, played by Ross Lynch, fighting the forces of darkness and evil sure does set you apart. This show is similar to the 1996 Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Although this time around will take a darker turn then the classic show.

Fall is finally here and so are these awesome new shows. From private investigators, to celebrity heartthrobs living on your couch, this fall semester is looking just a little brighter, don’t you think?

Hi, I'm Kait. I am currently a senior at Adelphi University and I am a Communications Major with a concentration in Digital Media and Cinema Studies. I love writing and have written stories ever since I was a little girl. Once I graduate from Adelphi University I hope to become a screenwriter working for film or television. But until then you'll see me socializing with my friends and family, studying for the next exam, or writing my scripts in the library.