This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

With December storming in with its chilly nights, a great way to start the month is with a bucket list of things to do before the year is over. Let’s face it, throughout the year we easily forgot about our New Year’s resolutions and our mental list of all the places we wanted to visit this year. A way to welcome December is by getting into the holiday spirit and spreading all the good cheer. Here are a few ideas of what to include in your December bucket list.

1.       Holiday movie marathon- Elf anyone?

2.       Decorate your home- Ah, those sleepless nights hanging the lights around the house.

3.       See a holiday musical show live

4.       Go Ice Skating

5.       Go holiday shopping

6.       Visit an old friend

7.       Go Christmas caroling 

8.       Volunteer at a Soup Kitchen- Spreading holiday cheer with others is something definitely worth doing.

As the holidays get closer, one thing to keep in mind is the true meaning of the holidays. Remember, it is better to give than it is to receive and this holiday season,  we should strive to make people happy because that’s what the holidays are all about. 

I am currently working for Chernoff Diamond, a financial consulting firm. I have a passion for writing and going to the gym. My main mission is to utilize my writing and journalism skills to help advocate for the underprivileged. With determination and hard work, I am motivated to travel around the world and learn about people's stories in hope to become more knowledgeable about the world.