This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

This time of year you either love or hate. While I have never been a big fan of Valentine’s Day (and luckily for me, neither is my boyfriend), I do still enjoy a good romantic movie, especially around the season of love.

1. Valentines Day

I mean… this one is  a given, but it is also an adorable comedy that you are bound to love. It is star studded with all of your favorites, from Jessica Biel and Alba, Eric Dane and Patrick Dempsey (McSteamy and McDreamy for those Grey’s Anatomy fans), plus so many more, but these are enough to get anyone to watch!

2. Lady and The Tramp

Who doesn’t love a little throwback, especially since Valentine’s Day is on a Thursday! #ThrowbackThursday! Grab some pasta and your bae and kick back, relax, and enjoy this classic Disney film that is bound to put a smile on your face. Or you can just use it as an excuse to eat pasta (treat yourself!)!

3. Magic Mike

Looking for something a little different? Want something a bit more… steamy? Magic Mike is the way to go my friends. Channing Tatum, Alex Pettyfer and so many more shirtless men dancing….yes please! Having a girls night instead of  a Valentine’s Day date? Perfect choice!

4. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before

This one has recently become a huge deal and rightfully so. The sweet story of Lara Jean’s secret letters going out to all her past crushes has such a delightful ending. Not to mention, Noah Centineo is not too bad to look at. This one can easily be found on Netflix so you don’t have to worry about having another expense on V-Day.

5. Kissing Booth

Yet another Netflix Original. Netflix has been coming out with so many good movies and shows that it is hard to keep up, but this one is too sweet to miss. What happens when one girl falls in love with her best friends older brother? Drama and one hell of a movie!

6. Crazy Rich Asians

Now this is one I did not see until my recent flight to California when I had a long flight and a TV on the plane. Wow. It was well worth my time and I am upset I didn’t watch this sooner. While I dont cry at movies, a friend who also watched it on the plane was sobbing at the end…you’ve been warned! A story of a couple overcoming tough obstacles to be together never gets old and this new spin will keep you interested the whole time.

7. Gerald’s Game

Now, Gerald’s Game is based on a Stephen King novel. I know what you’re thinking… Definitely not the type of movie you were expecting on this list, but hear me out. Thriller or horror movies means CUDDLING! I definitely don’t want to sit alone while watching a scary movie, so it is perfect for valentines day! Plus, the female lead is the mom from Spy Kids!

This list has a film for everyone. Whether you are watching with your girlfriends, significant other or even with the family (do not watch Gerald’s Game with children), you can enjoy Valentine’s Day with the ones you love, whomever they may be.

Wishing you all a very happy Valentine’s Day!

Danielle Kash

Adelphi '20

Hello there! I am Danielle Kash. I am a Business Management Major at Adelphi. I love to travel, cooking and LOVE to watch movies! Hope you enjoy my articles as much as I enjoy writing them!